• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

PS2 games in widescreen on PS3?

lopoetve

Extremely [H]
2FA
Joined
Oct 11, 2001
Messages
34,262
Ok, maybe I'm missing something REALLY simple, but is there a way to get games like God of War and/or FFXII to play in widescreen on a PS3? >_< I googled, it did nothing :(
 
Any game that does 480p works just fine in widescreen.
480p just condenses a 4:3 image so that when stretched out by your TV, it'll be 16:9.
I haven't tried FF, but God of War and Tekken (another game that'll use progressive scan) both look and work just like the PS2 versions.
 
Any game that does 480p works just fine in widescreen.
480p just condenses a 4:3 image so that when stretched out by your TV, it'll be 16:9.
I haven't tried FF, but God of War and Tekken (another game that'll use progressive scan) both look and work just like the PS2 versions.

odd, it changes right, but the TV doesn't recognize it as being a 16:9 signal... I'm guessing just switch it to fill out the screen?
 
I don't think the game systems doing 480p can do native 16X9.
The Wii is the same way. I'm running it in 480p and I have the system set to 16X9 (and it's clearly displaying with that in mind) but my TV display detects it as 4:3.
Just set your TV to do "full" (or whatever your TV calls it) and it'll look normal.
 
480p isn't always widescreen - it's just "progressive scan". There were many Gamecube games that were 480p but not 16:9.

The PS2 always, always outputs at 4:3, no matter whether it's 480i or 480p (GT4's 1080i mode may be an exception). If you set your game to 16:9, it'll condense a 16:9 image into a 4:3 frame. When you set your TV to force 16:9 display, it'll look as expected.
 
480p isn't always widescreen - it's just "progressive scan". There were many Gamecube games that were 480p but not 16:9.

The PS2 always, always outputs at 4:3, no matter whether it's 480i or 480p (GT4's 1080i mode may be an exception). If you set your game to 16:9, it'll condense a 16:9 image into a 4:3 frame. When you set your TV to force 16:9 display, it'll look as expected.

oic.
 
Back
Top