PS/2 Keyboard Limitation ?!

ABC

n00b
Hi, i just bought a Logitech internet navigator ps/2 keyboard and its very nice besides on thing.
The problem is that when i play games, let me give you and example; if i start crouching and going forward..now thats no problem, but if i then want to go right while still crouching and pressing forward the pc speaker goes " bib...bib...bib" and it does not move to the right ! however if i do the same keyboard combi and tryes to go right its no problem, why is that ??

Im using the wasd for moving and shift for crouching.
I did not have this problem with my old imb keyboard.
Very irretating!

Hope u guys can help me out here !

It's not a problem as far as it being defective. This is perfectly normal with many keyboards. I believe it has to do with a limitation on the number of key signals that can be sent at once. The only real way to fix it is to get a keyboard that you know does not have this problem. However, it seems many do, as my brand new low-end logitec keyboard does. I believe most of the low-end logitecs do.

So yeah, there's no real way to fix it :(

Same here with my way low end BTC keyboard (PS/2). It's strange, it only happens with the arrow keys. I mean when those keys are pressed, I can only press 2 more before it's beeping. But with any other keys, I can press 4-5 I think... Gotta test it, I don't remember....

Yea, I had a really nice keyboard that I could press about 5 keys and it wouldnt matter. To bad it litterally broke in half going to a lan one day.

Its a keyboard limitation, I know a lot of people that that same thing happens to them.

Do the new Microsoft Ergonometric Multimedia Keyboards have this problem? I was planning to get one of those with the new Intellimouse Explorer.

I have this MS keyboard (except it's white and blue) and I haven't noticed that problem. I'm not at home right now to test it though.

I have this one here at work and I can squash my hands as many keys that I can and no beeping.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Whether a keyboard does this ir not is only determined by the keyboard itself. Usually you could just go with a 'higher end' keyboard (like a microsoft or logitech) and be assured that you wouldn't have issues, but this isn't always true anymore, at least with logitechs.

I recently bought a microsoft media something or other keyboard (no USB ports, is PS2 only, has a bunch of silver buttons along the top) and don't have the problem with this one. I don't think I've had the problem with any of my microsoft keyboards, or any of my older logitech ones.

Erik

Back