Prototype -- Who else is excited about this game?

Signal

Limp Gawd
Anyone else excited about this game? I think it looks really cool. The summer is usually a slow period for good games and with the slated for Summer 2008, hopefully that will chance.

Prototype is a video game developed by Radical Entertainment and based on an original IP developed in-house. The game is intended for release in the summer of 2008 for the Playstation 3, XBox 360 and PC platforms. The game is the first in a planned franchise.

The player controls the character of amnesiac Alex Mercer in New York City, with freedom similar to that of the Grand Theft Auto series, in which the player can visit most locations and interact with the environment while not engaged in missions. Alex will clash with the military's Black Watch Special Forces and the effects of a mutated viral epidemic as he works to discover the secrets of his past.

A key aspect of Prototype is the 'disguise or destroy' concept, which is tied to Alex's enemy-consuming and shapeshifting powers. Alex can consume the bodies of those he has killed, which gives him access to their memories, their experiences, and their physical forms. Alex can also shapeshift into more fantastic forms for attack, defense, or sensory enhancement. All of these together are intended to give players multiple ways to complete their objectives. Movement is simplified to allow more controls dedicated to shapeshifting, with Alex automatically navigating obstacles in a manner inspired by Parkour.

Links:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prototype_(game)

http://ps3.ign.com/objects/950/950253.html

Looks alright, I haven't heard much about it yet. So many games in development its crazy.

I can't believe I haven't heard about this before.

I just watched the trailer, and it looks like it's going to be awesome.

I can't believe I haven't heard about this before.

I just watched the trailer, and it looks like it's going to be awesome.

Yeah, that trailer was really cool. I am sure once the game gets closer to release we will hear a lot more about it.

the spiritual successor to Hulk total destruction.. sounds good to me, I loved that hulk game.

It was featured in Game Informer a few months back. It looks really interesting. I am a big sandbox game fan and the extra spice they are throwing into this game has me looking forward to it and really hoping it doesn't suck.

I'm interested. I watched one trailer yesterday, and it kind of reminds me of crazier, or more bizzare Crackdown.

It was featured in Game Informer a few months back. It looks really interesting. I am a big sandbox game fan and the extra spice they are throwing into this game has me looking forward to it and really hoping it doesn't suck.

Yeah, I picked up a Game Informer over the summer for something to do during a flight and that was where I first heard about this game. I've been excited since then and really surprised that I haven't heard anyone talking about this game.

Why is everything a franchise these days?

I guess we can already expect an ending that leads to an inevitable sequel because the developers seem pretty sure they will even sell enough copies to be green lighted for a sequel.

Self contained stories please, thanks!

Yeah, I picked up a Game Informer over the summer for something to do during a flight and that was where I first heard about this game. I've been excited since then and really surprised that I haven't heard anyone talking about this game.

When that issue came out, it was a true sneak preview. There was no press, not anywhere for that game. With so many major titles coming out before Black Friday I'm not surprised no one was talking about it. I imagine a lot more will come out about it as we get closer to summer.

Back