Prototype Commodore 264 Computer - Tested, WORKING! - PRISTINE!

Discussion in 'eBay Auctions' started by erek, Mar 3, 2019.

1. acascianelli

acascianelli [H]ardness Supreme

Functionally, how did this differ from the Plus/4?

I'm eagerly awaiting to see what The 8-Bit Guy is workign on with his ultimate 8-bit machine that's supposed to be heavily inspired by the C64.

erek likes this.
  2. gdonovan

gdonovan [H]ard|Gawd

Out of curiosity I looked up, in one way not that rare. The 264 shipped a million units and the line shut down so they could pump out more C64's

The 264 series was sort of a flop.

It was suppose to lean towards more towards business but the 4 built in apps were terrible and it had poor internal hardware compared to the C64 AND almost no compatibility with VIC-20 and C64 peripherals.

erek likes this.
  3. pendragon1

pendragon1 [H]ardForum Junkie

I think this guy's been hitting the screech/swish too hard with that price!

Zuul, auntjemima, Kwaz and 2 others like this.
  4. Conman

Conman Limp Gawd

The C65 was the interesting one. 256 color, 128k ram, 16bit processor 4x the speed as a C64. The low budget Amiga.

5. Monkey34

Monkey34 [H]ardness Supreme

"It SEEMS to function" + "No warranty" + crazy price = Get bent

6. Luke M

Luke M Limp Gawd

The +4 had a small fan base in eastern Europe, because that's where Commodore dumped most of them.

The C65 was an equally boneheaded product in its own way, but unlike the +4, it's a curio since it was never released.

7. pendragon1

8. Crazy Chuckster

Crazy Chuckster 2[H]4U

You can check my feedback almost since the history of Ebay to know I am reputable. Please ask any questions before bidding. Paypal can be used only as a down payment ( to be discussed). Due to the unique rarity of this item, I suggest personal pickup. If you can afford this, you can likely afford a plane ticket.

How legit is the guy if he has to try to push his reputation....? I realllllly laughed at the last sentance.

SamuelL421 and pendragon1 like this.
  9. pendragon1

10. pendragon1

lol. didn't sell so its relisted at the same price. this guys nuts.

11. jevans64

jevans64 Gawd

I would have offered point tree-fiddy. I remember the 264 since I was a member of a large Commodore user group back then. I don't think anyone in the group ( 500+ members ) bought one because we all had real C=64s that could run everything.

12. catogtp

catogtp [H]ard|Gawd

"SAMPLE" doesn't mean prototype to me. Could have been something sent to a retailer to display on a shelf and let customers demo or maybe a sales sample that they took around trying to get businesses to buy.

I could print out a sticker like that, fake age it, and stick it on anything.

erek and pendragon1 like this.
  13. acascianelli

acascianelli [H]ardness Supreme

Some history on these machines.

erek likes this.
  14. erek

erek 2[H]4U

Agree with this situation... ever since i encountered "engineering" / "sample" i questioned the nature of it's meaning relative to "prototype", and it bothered me. i have a problem about "engineering samples" being considered "prototypes" and wish there was an accepted agreement on their differences.

catogtp likes this.
  15. w1retap

w1retap [H]ardForum Junkie

Definitely not a prototype.. it is a salesman sample unit that they took to businesses to demo.. lol. I was just watching videos on Commodore and Amiga salesmen the other day with their demo footage. This is the type meeting they took their units to:

erek likes this.
  16. MyNameIsAlex

MyNameIsAlex Limp Gawd

What, he didn't ask us to blow him? 'If you're dumb enough to buy this, well,hey'