Protein Scoring

mikeblas

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - May 2006
Joined
Jun 26, 2004
Messages
12,777
From the YURT data, it seems there is little correlation between points per day and proteins.
 
Not sure how to praise this question.... Have we learned anything specific from all this data?

I've not followed all this too much.
 
I wonder how much of this could be a result of the differing speeds of machines, type of WU's they're setup for, so on and so forth. There's any number of variables that could account for it.
 
Well I know that my Opty dual core can pump out those 153 point collagens in about 20 hours, while some of the 300 and 500 point work units I got took over 2 days. All these long time folders were praising the return of the high output work units whereas I was more "meh". I mean if it gives me 2-3x more points but takes me 2-3x longer to finish what should we care?
 
Erasmus354 said:
Well I know that my Opty dual core can pump out those 153 point collagens in about 20 hours, while some of the 300 and 500 point work units I got took over 2 days. All these long time folders were praising the return of the high output work units whereas I was more "meh". I mean if it gives me 2-3x more points but takes me 2-3x longer to finish what should we care?

well some of those 300 and 500 pointers aren't bonus work units. They're just larger regular gromacs. If you pick up a 600 pointer, a GB or a DGRO protein, you'll see an instant PPD boost because they fold faster for more points or they take up more ram.

 
Back
Top