props to kingwin customer service

illli

[H]ard|Gawd
Probably not the most popular brand out there but I felt I should give them some props for their customer service.
Basically I bought one of their power supplies a couple years back, never used it or opened it until recently. When I finally opened with the intention of using it on a new build I discovered it was a dud. It had a 5yr warranty, so I contacted them for warranty replacement.
While I submitted the rma, I made a special request. I had been using another kingwin psu for about 3-4 years daily w/o issue, so I requested if maybe they could just send me another one of those instead. Surprisingly they agreed!
A few days later got the psu they mailed to me, when I opened it I discovered that there must have been a mix-up b/c it turned out to be a replacement of the one that was a dud. It was brand new, unopened, so i contacted them and asked if I should send it back. While waiting for an email reply, I got a phone call from one of the csr people, they said just keep that one and they'll send me the other one free of charge. :eek:

Very cool. Also, potentially indicative of the profit margin on these things. :eek:

Back