Props to Corsair

You will find that the "poor" customer service that you think have received from corsair is still far better than most other companies will provide.

That may well be (or it may not), but if I have to buy a separate replacement part to prevent downtime anyway, what difference does it make? None, at least to me.

I don't mean to imply that Corsair's service has been poor by any means, it simply wasn't what I expected when I purchased their product.

If they send you new memory and they get your old memory and they test the old memory and it was good, they'd be out a new memory kit and they can't sell your old memory as its not new. Thats how it is from a business standpoint.

I have had 1 good and 1 bad experience.

I RMA'd ram and recieved it back. It was pretty old DDR 512 mb sticks and I am sure they dont make anything like that. So they sent me 1GB sticks in return. It kept an old system running for much longer.

I had a PSU that never came with 8 pin PCI-E connectors and I went through their website to request new ones. I never recieved any repsonse. I posted here and a forum rep from Corsair sorted it out. The problem with that is that most people do not goto [H] and so they would have had nothing or no support. Or at least not for over a week.

Also I think all companies with good CS should offer cross shipping. I personally have a large family and we have lots of computers so I can usually find another piece of hardware to hold me over. But I understand lots of people do not have that option and cross shipping is really needed, or they need to have like instant turn around with overnight shipping.

Back