• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Proposed i7 system - advice needed

D drive shouldn't have an issue, but the OS isn't supposed to boot from anything. You need to go into your BIOS and make sure your optical drive is set as a boot device before the SSD.
 
disable the HDD in the UEFI. See if it will boot from DVD then.
 
> Says he will get a better monitor/GPU when funds permit
> Buys 4770k for Microsoft office

loooooooooooooooool
 
Yes, I see this system as an investment for the future.

Do you have something constructive to add, or are you just trolling?
 
Update: new system now running rock solid. No BSODs or freezes for hours.

My father simply disconnected one of the DVD drives and reconnected it again and bang, all the troubles went away... I couldn't be happier :)

Thanks for all your advice and suggestions! I appreciate it a lot :)
 
Yes, I see this system as an investment for the future.

Do you have something constructive to add, or are you just trolling?

The previous poster was trolling you... but I have to ask: Why again did you need the i7-4770K?

Outside of very heavy Excel use (e.g. Wall Street financial records), I can't imagine any Office-related task that would even remotely stress it.

My father simply disconnected one of the DVD drives and reconnected it again and bang, all the troubles went away... I couldn't be happier :)

Which specific DVD drives (brand and model) were you using? Which one was disconnected?
 
The previous poster was trolling you... but I have to ask: Why again did you need the i7-4770K?

Outside of very heavy Excel use (e.g. Wall Street financial records), I can't imagine any Office-related task that would even remotely stress it.

Which specific DVD drives (brand and model) were you using? Which one was disconnected?


Well I also want to play Rome 2: Total War well. The new chip has improved my performance by at least 50%.

The top one seemed to have a bad connection. I'm afraid I can't remember the brand/model of the drive off the top of my head (I'm on a different PC now and have packed that PC away ready for my move to the UK).
 
Back
Top