Proper way to connect a large screen tv and a Computer?

Bumrush

Limp Gawd
I have a 55 Inch rear projection HDTV and want to play HL2 on it. For the best image quality, (I think it is a 1080i) what type of cable do I need? Will S-Video give me the highest possible resolution???

No s-video will not give you the highest resolution. You need to use DVI or component to send the highest quality signal to your tv.

you're probably going to also need to use powerstrip to get the resolution and timing right - I believe htpcnews.com has a whole forum regarding this, I woudl suggest checking them out.

Actually S-Video os higher quality than Component but the best is the R Pr Ph... i think that's what they're called... The Red Green and Blue High Def plugs... get a DVI to RGB plug that can plug into your DVI port and the HDTV RGB plugs int eh back of your TV

Apologenetic said:
Actually S-Video os higher quality than Component but the best is the R Pr Ph... i think that's what they're called... The Red Green and Blue High Def plugs... get a DVI to RGB plug that can plug into your DVI port and the HDTV RGB plugs int eh back of your TV

Component is YPbPr (red/blue/green plugs). You've got component and composite mixed up.

What about sound? Do I need to bring my computer speakers as well, or are there adapters that can be used to connect my Audigy 2 to my sorround sound setup? Thanks

Bumrush said:
What about sound? Do I need to bring my computer speakers as well, or are there adapters that can be used to connect my Audigy 2 to my sorround sound setup? Thanks

Optical out on soundcard to opical in on receiver.

Back