Hello,
I am setting up a RAID array (RAID 1+0) with four SAMSUNG Spinpoint F4 HD204UI 2TB Drives as a storage disk. I am using ICHR9 built in SW RAID. Target OS is Windows 7 64 Bit.
I read things about this drive having a physical sector of 4096 bytes and reporting 512 for compatability, and that under cetain conditions there is a big performance impact.
All this info considered:
1- what are the proper parameters for the RAID when I set up the array, such as stripe size, etc. to achieve best performance?
2 - Should the drive be formatted a particular way to achieve best performance, once the array is built?
Thanks -
Mike
I am setting up a RAID array (RAID 1+0) with four SAMSUNG Spinpoint F4 HD204UI 2TB Drives as a storage disk. I am using ICHR9 built in SW RAID. Target OS is Windows 7 64 Bit.
I read things about this drive having a physical sector of 4096 bytes and reporting 512 for compatability, and that under cetain conditions there is a big performance impact.
All this info considered:
1- what are the proper parameters for the RAID when I set up the array, such as stripe size, etc. to achieve best performance?
2 - Should the drive be formatted a particular way to achieve best performance, once the array is built?
Thanks -
Mike