• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Proper airflow really works

tisb0b

[H] Pirate
Joined
Aug 29, 2006
Messages
3,037
I just bought a couple of 120mm fans and installed them in my case and I'm astounded at the reduction in temps I have gotten. My current configuration atm is Front 1x92mm intake, Side: 2x80mm fans screwed onto each other (intake) + 1x120mm fan effectively blowing nearly directly on the 4850, Rear 1x120mm outtake. Originally I had the 2x80mm fans as rear outtakes and a single 80mm fan on the side with the 92mm as a front intake.

My temps have dropped from:
e6400 idle 48/50 -> 32/34
HD4850 idle @63% fanspeed 77*C -> 44% fanspeed 53*C

That was the best $35 purchase I think I may've ever made considering the massive reduction in temps.
 
Back
Top