• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Proper 5.1 setup for gaming

Etherea1

Limp Gawd
Joined
Nov 14, 2007
Messages
274
Hey guys, I recently made the switch back from headphones to 5.1 speakers for my gaming setup, and was wondering if anyone could link a guide to an 'optimal' config. I have Klipsch 5.1 Ultras, and an x-fi card running under Windows 7 x64. What I am looking for is something like this guide, just for speakers instead of 'phones:

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=239405

Thanks in advance!
 
up the default audio channels, as well as the default format. The audio channels should be in the card contol panel, the default format can be found if you right click the little speaker icon, playback, speakers, properties, advanced, default format, I have mine runningas high as my Xonar DX allows which is 24b/192k playback, this along with audio channels at 8 makes things more "lively"

I am not sure what your card allows, the difference of front panel/rear panel, the game/movie/music modes etc.
 
It's pretty simple. Hook up the analog connections in the right socket on the sound card, and then set 5.1 sound in Windows control panel and the game. For analog, that's all you need to do.
 
Back
Top