• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Proof that the X800XTPE needs a better cooling solution

Rob94hawk

2[H]4U
Joined
Jul 20, 2002
Messages
2,222
I had my rig on all day when I ran the 1st set of Doom3 benches:
27.3 fps 1600x1200 Ultra Everything on/8x AI
26.7 fps 1600x1200 High Everything on/8x AI
26.7 fps 1280x1024 Ultra Everything on/8x AI

Just after bootup:
59 fps 1600x1200 Ultra 16xAI/vsync on/everything else on
58 fps 1600x1200 High 16xAI/vsync on/everything else on

Using 4.7 cats too. Not too shabby for an XTPE.

Temps for the GPU after a couple of runs today was 38C unless I had the probe in the wrong spot.

Do they have aftermarket cooling for the XTPE yet like the HIS solution? And how hot does the DDR3 get?
 
Torquemada XP said:
How does any of that equate to the XT PE needing a better cooling solution?

Crap. It wont let me change the title of the thread. Sorry, I just got off a 12 hour night shift.

I meant to say I think I need a better cooling solution.

Anyway, my son is playing Trainz2004 in 1600x1200 with everything maxed and the temp is now reading 45C, case temp 33C, cpu 29C.

My son will be playing Trainz all day. I'm sure it'll be well about 50C or higher by then.
 
I don't know what the Ati chips are rated for but 6800's regularly go 70c+ under load without issues. If you are having performance problems either your temp monitoring is off or it's something else..
 
Those are pretty chill temps, i think some overclocking is needed, also if your fx-53 is running @ 29c that bad boy needs to be clocked.
 
Back
Top