promedia 5.1's

Dome

2[H]4U
Joined
Mar 16, 2002
Messages
2,096
ok at the moment i'm running these klipschs and i love them. when i start looking into my htpc i'll be moving into a bigger room and will need some higher quality stuff. i plan to have 2 computers: my laptop and an htpc for the living room, so i won't really have any use for these baby's.

do they have any value if i try to sell them used? are any of the component pieces (speakers or sub) usable in different (living room) setups?
 
Depends, are you thinking of a local outlet (craigslist?) or online (Ebay?).

Ebay is pretty hit or miss, it really depends on the season. A year ago I picked up a mint condition Klipsch 5.1 for $100 shipped. Right now on ebay they are going for about $150 + shipping.

The Ultras however are going for a much higher price (I don't know if you have the original or the Ultras). The latter are going for anywhere from $300 to even beyond brand new cost (back in the day Klipsch sold them for $350 on their website).

Both the sub and satellites appear usable in a component system but if you really are going in a larger room I don't think their sub or the satellites are going to cut it.

I tried running a Logitech Z-680 in an apartment living room once, it was beyond terrible. I understand TV speakers are C-weighted, but man the dialogue was unintelligible from about 10 feet away.
 
i do have the ultras, and i am planning on a larger room setup. that's a little disconcerting to hear that they don't work from far away. i'm sort of hesitant to sell them online, as shipping is a hassel, as well as dealing with paypal or whatnot.

still, nice to know where i stand, thanks
 
Back
Top