promedia 2.1 repair

tacos4me

Gawd
so i just sat down to crank some tunes up and chill out for a little bit and it finally hit me. i love my pro media's right to death, but my sub sounds like shit. these speakers are getting to be really old now, so it's of no real huge surprise i guess. anyway, does anybody have experience replacing the sub/otherwise making my old speakers not sound like crap? haha :(

haha funny the same thing happened to me!! I had the 5.1 setup (4 speakers & one sub. Two stopped working a loooong time ago.. Now the sub sounds like crap for me too...I miss these speakers and want to know if its possible to repair & not a total loss...

http://hardforum.com//showthread.php?t=1268387

Very long thread about getting repairs for the 5.1 ultra system. I did this myself a few months ago and they have been running great ever since. I worked with Henry and he was very professional and pretty quick with his repairs. Shoot him an email and describe your problem, he might be able to fix it up for you.

Have the same problem.

My one of my sats dont work(something on the logic board), but they sound so good i still keep it around lol.

Maybe you can just buy an amp and reuse the klispsh sats then maybe buy a sub later?

From a person (self) who will spend hundreds on a GPU and near a grand on MB/processor I say just try for a new set of speakers. I priced around and Promedia 2.1 can be found from about a hundred bucks to around $150 (new) at that big box store we all love to hate. Bought a set there myself lately but gave them away as the sub was too small and low. Had gotten used to propping my feet on my old Logitech sub. The Promedias sounded great but were ergonomically wrong for me. I use very odd criteria for my sound systems. Trying to repair such stuff, sometimes it is cheaper to just get new if you can possibly afford it. It is easy to reach a point of diminishing returns.

tordogs I have the 4.1s. I was quoted at repairs being around 96 with shipping. Is there really anything better out there that can be bought for that price? If so link me to it! I really only need 2 satellites...would be cool if I could use the 2 working ones with another sub...

mannyman: how do those daytonas compare with the klips? If I did get it repaired for 96 that would mean I get 2 extra speakers & sub with the klips

Back