Prolimatech Genesis Heatpipe HSF

HardOCP News

[H] News
There is another review of the odd looking Prolimatech Genesis heatpipe HSF posted today at Legion Hardware. Apparently this HSF cools your processor very well but limits your choice of memory in the process.

In terms of performance expect nothing but the very best, as we found the Genesis provided the same level of performance as the Megahalems while it was a few degrees cooler than the Armageddon. The Genesis is best configured with at least two fans and we found that the 140mm Xigmatek XLF-F1453 fans supplied by Prolimatech did an excellent job.

its a CM v10 without the huge cover and Tec cooling or at least thats what it looks like to me.

Maybe they should correct their temperature results page, as the Genesis was tested with Xigmatek's XLF-F1453 140mm fans @ ~1000 RPM and not the better performing Thermalright TR-1212PSL 120mm fans @ ~1500 RPM. Also, would have been nice to see results of the Genesis with the latter fans.

Edit: They corrected their results page.

Last edited:
Kinda, but can double as a RAM cooler.

RAM runs so cool these days since most only need 1.5v or so. Hell my patriots don't even get warm and they need 1.65v.

TBH it would have made more sense to put the down facing part near the rear of the case since it would provide airflow for mosfets and vrm's which would benefit way more.

I owned the Megahalems and it was an awesome heatsink but Prolimatech seems to be in quite a funk since that first came out. None of their heatsinks have really done better than it.

RAM runs so cool these days since most only need 1.5v or so. Hell my patriots don't even get warm and they need 1.65v.

TBH it would have made more sense to put the down facing part near the rear of the case since it would provide airflow for mosfets and vrm's which would benefit way more.

I owned the Megahalems and it was an awesome heatsink but Prolimatech seems to be in quite a funk since that first came out. None of their heatsinks have really done better than it.

install it rotated 180degrees

Oh I agree there is pretty much no reason to actively cool RAM, but many people still like to do so (I'm not one of them).

Might not work too well rotated 180 degrees, the heatpipes for the tower would knock right into the RAM, unless they made the heatpipes somehow go around the RAM. They would have to make the heatpipes extend out from the motherboard, spread out, go forwards over the ram, then go into the array, to make room for a cooler to fit over the mosfets.

And yeah, it does look like a V10 minus TEC and cover. Although it is much larger.

It would get better temps than a mega. Note that the megahalems used 1500 RPM fans while the genesis used 1000 RPM fans. You're getting the same temps, but for much less noise.

Back