Projector

JulesBravo

Weaksauce
I'm thinking of purchasing a projector for my room. I'm going to convert my bedroom into a home theater. ( I'm going to sleep on one of the la-z-boys I'm going to be putting in there. :) ) I was just wondering what are the important things to look at when purchasing? Resolution? Zoom? I'm going to use it mostly for xbox, pc, and tv use.

2 most important to me where bulb life and dust prevention.

if you get a projector that lets some dust in and it gets on the lense it looks horrible. i had a cheap one years ago that did this and i had to get rid quick because i had to take the thing apart and spray with compressed air every week or so.

the bulbs have got a life of about 2-3 years average use so be prepared for a £350 bill when they go , there are some projectors without fans with extralong lamp life (5000-10000 hours same as plasma/tv life) that are made for home cinema- i would search them out and then decide if ultimate resolution / brightness and contrast is important to you.

i got by in a dark room with a 800 ansi lumans projector for movies and games - was great , if you have thin curtains tho i would aim to double that figure.

on a last note - as its lcd , remember that they suffer the same probs as lcd monitors and they have smears on the cheaper models as the screen refresh rate is slower and also you could get one with a pixel or 2 not working.

good luck :)

Back