• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

projector for ht & pc gaming!

Delltron

Limp Gawd
Joined
Mar 20, 2002
Messages
173
I am thinking about getting a projector to be used with my computer (and later home theater) Do i just get a TV Tuner card and connect the projector to that? I dont know anything about projectors either, so what are some good ones for gaming and home theater? I know the higher the lumens rating the better, so you can watch it with more lighting. any help is welcomed. Thanks!
 
Also, I am running 2 19" monitors on a 9600 pro. So I would buy a new tv tuner card just for the projector?
 
Most all projectors have a VGA input, mine has a VGA and DVI input, with an adapter for its DVI to plug in component (HDTV), composite, or s-video stuff to. For most rooms, you don't need more than probably about 800lumens if it is a DLP projector for a semi-dark room, but I believe to get the same picture on a LCD projector you would need more lumens, and also for it to work in brighter conditions. Also, the higher lumen bulbs don't usually last as long.
 
Back
Top