Project: Watercooled Stacker 810

TheGamerZ

Supreme [H]ardness
I just got a new CM Stacker 810 the other day, and boy is this thing huge, it just begs for watercooling. This isn't a really involved project, and it isn't a new build; I'm basically just transferring my current rig into a new case and adding a few new parts. Anyway, onwards!

(and yes, some of these pics are taken in my kitchen... My room was too messy to work in ^_^ )

Click on any of the pictures to see a higher-res version.

Shiney new CM Stacker 810... beautiful

Interior, so roomy... 8) My new OCZ GameXStream 650 watt PSU is already installed.

Here are the gadgets that are about to be crammed into this beast...

DFI LanParty NF4 Ultra-D w/ AMD Opteron 170 already seated comfortably

WD Raptor 150, Seagate 320GB, WD 320GB:

2 x 1 GB G.SKILL Extreme PC4000:

7800GTX Naked, and with DangerDen NV-78 waterblock:

DangerDen TDX waterblock:

Not pictured are a 2x120 Black Ice II Extreme rad, and a DangerDen D5 pump.

Now lets put it all in shall we?

Mobo installed with the new Thermalright HR-05-SLI passive chipset cooler... mmm... passive. I had my chipset cooled with a Swiftech MCW30 block before, but it forced me to use the bottom PCIe slot, I didn't like that... so this was the best alternative for me.

Everything assembled, this was the best way I decided to route the tubing, it came out rather well, I think; Much better than the mess it was in the Antec P180... that's for sure.

I was hasty and forgot to take a picture of the final product filled up and running, but you pretty much get the picture. I'll update with a couple more pics soon.

Let me first say that it looks great !!

but.........................

It sure looks like your 7800gtx has got a bad "slouching" problem and looks like it could use some support??

that;s just my 2 cents

Yeah, living in the cramped P180 for so long has given it a bit of a sag. I'm fashioning a prop for it that doesn't stick out like a sore thumb.

Rest assured that it still works perfectly :)

Back