klar-pys.JPG

klar2.JPG

klar3.JPG

klar4.JPG

Here is the ugly backside ;)
baksidan.JPG

This project is allmost done now, but some more final pics coming soon
Hope you like it :thumb:

Clear fluid is cool, but I could have bet money that you were going to go for the dual color look. 2 different loops, different color for each one. Would have been even sweeter! Still a super cool setup.

Dark Prodigy said:
Clear fluid is cool, but I could have bet money that you were going to go for the dual color look. 2 different loops, different color for each one. Would have been even sweeter! Still a super cool setup.

Wow...awsome idea, that'd look SO nice. :D

Dark Prodigy said:
ooh - i'm with this as well...

Now I have add some green uv-dye but by some reason it turned red in one of the loops :S:S I don´t get it!?!?! But I like it :D Here is some pics on that

uv.JPG

uv2.JPG

looks good, not a fan of the spider grill on the top though, maybe paint it black and put it outside to cover the rough cut edges.

Slayer said:

There are cracks around all four of the reservoir barbs! I would put generous amounts of Plumber's Goop (silicone sealant) right over the barbs and the reservoirs. Otherwise, you will notice a drop or two escaping from the cracks, or worse - the cracks will spread further and eventually flood the case.

Yes, yes, yes, please be careful with the acrylic res's. I had a floppy one for the last 8 months and it scared me quite a few times. I'm chunking it for a tube res.

Just be very vigilant in looking for drips, especially for the first few weeks.

On a side note, are you kidding about the stuff turning orange on its own? If it did, you have some serious contamination in one of the loops! You're not mixing metals, are you?

Rezistor said:
There are cracks around all four of the reservoir barbs! I would put generous amounts of Plumber's Goop (silicone sealant) right over the barbs and the reservoirs. Otherwise, you will notice a drop or two escaping from the cracks, or worse - the cracks will spread further and eventually flood the case.

Yes I now and I going to check that and put some silicone over it

headala said:
are you kidding about the stuff turning orange on its own? If it did, you have some serious contamination in one of the loops! You're not mixing metals, are you?

No I´m not kidding its from the same bottle of uv-dye and it turn out to ble red when I add it to the second loop :confused: Not mixing metals all the blocks are copper.

I would not run like that at all...Screw cracks in the resevior, that could be really bad later when the cracks continue to grow.

How is that Hard Drive water block working out for you?

Justintoxicated said:
I would not run like that at all...Screw cracks in the resevior, that could be really bad later when the cracks continue to grow.

Those cracks look like symptoms of submarine syndrome, something I always battle. The desire to tighten things down a little too much. :rolleyes:

Justintoxicated said:

It´s working fine the hdds have a temp of 35 C now. Lower then before :)

Today I check the rez`s and the cracks had spread a lot around the barbs :( Now I have drained the system and the rez looks not so good.

Not good
tank_sprucken.JPG

Here the water comes out when I drain the system
drain.JPG

Easy :)
drain2.JPG

:confused:
tank_skitig.JPG

cracks
tank_sprucken2.JPG

cracks
tank_sprucken3.JPG

Slayer said:
Now I have add some green uv-dye but by some reason it turned red in one of the loops :S:S I don´t get it!?!?! But I like it :D Here is some pics on that

uv.JPG

uv2.JPG

nice setup, i would get some hose clamps instead of zip ties though

sux about the res.

but awesome drain setup - could you elaborate on how that was all set up?

I've had the problem with cracks on an acrylic reservoir just like you. When I got a replacement reservoir, what I did to avoid repeating the mistake is the followng: take your barbs, put about 2-3 layers of PTFE tape (teflon tape) on the thread, and then put the silicone sealant on top of the tape so that the silicone covers the entire length and width of the barb thread. Now, when you screw in the barb into the reservoir, most of the silicone sealant will squeeze out from the outside of the reservoir (not drip into the reservoir), and as you continue to tighten the barb, the silicone will cover the thread, the reservoir, and the barb, making a nice seal. With this, you just need to tighten the fitting a little bit, so there's no damage done to the acrylic since you are not stressing it.

Rezistor said:
... With this, you just need to tighten the fitting a little bit, so there's no damage done to the acrylic since you are not stressing it.
troof.

overtightening + acrylic = no good.

two questions:

1) how did your Asetek Antarctica magically turn into a Danger Den MAZE block? :confused:

2) How do those MIPS block work with large-bore tubing? Do they restrict flow a lot? I've only seem them used by one other person here on [H], and that was Dillusion, who used small-bore tubing.

N H O said:
looks like he has two 1x120's plus a 2x120 rad ;)

Woot, I must have been very tired becuase now that I follow the loop I notice all the rads :D

About that loop that turned orange...did you bother to properly clean out your radiators before filling the loop. I think you would be surprised the kind of stuff that comes in those things from the factory.

n00btard: heheh yes I changed the Antartica to the DD maze block. I´m not sure how the mips blocks restrict the flow.

Erasmus354: I did not clean the radiators and thats why the watern turned orange. I thaught that the radiators were clean from the factory.

Back