Project: Virtual Picture Laptop (Finished)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lyze

n00b
Alright, after a run to Home Depot and 2 days i completed it. Here you guys are. Sorry its not step-by-step, but you guys can pretty much grasp the point of what i did. If you guys have any questions or anything feel free to ask away.

What i bought. Cost me somewhere around $35 and i didnt even use the 2 pieces of ply wood....
1.jpg

Work started...
2.jpg

Frame complete... I wanted to do all this from scratch so i decided to build own frame...Not best idea, but it worked. For next one i do ill probably just buy a frame and spray paint it.
3.jpg

Here it is being glued... That shit took forever to dry. But is quite sturdy.
4.jpg

Frame spray painted. Used 2 coats of Blue then light coat of silver. Worked quite Nicely.
5.jpg

This step i Gorrila Glued the back of the LCD to the back of the Laptop. I had to rummage through drawyers to find somthing that would finally hold...

Then the final Product. (Used Krazy Glue to attack Frame to LCD) Still needs to be hung on wall but i dont know if im keeping it yet so i didnt want to dent my wall up so its just on my bed for now.
6.jpg

I think i did a pretty good job. Works perfectly. Going to sand down the sides of the power panel and i even might put the power panel under the frame its self so its not showing.

Suggestions and Critique for next Virtual Picture Laptop.

idk...personally, that paint job looks like it could use a little work...

then again, it's Painter's Touch, which I've only had HORROR stories of when I do my "mirror finish" paint jobs...:shrug: :eek:

Originally posted by skawttieboy
idk...personally, that paint job looks like it could use a little work...

then again, it's Painter's Touch, which I've only had HORROR stories of when I do my "mirror finish" paint jobs...:shrug: :eek:

haha im 16... i used spray paint... sanded it... 2 coats of blue then a light silver to it.... that it. Cheap and it works for me :)

Nice job. I woulda stained it a nice rich oak color.

Now go get 2 of em, and mount em side by side inside one frame!

Originally posted by SarverSystems
Nice job. I woulda stained it a nice rich oak color.

You've got good taste , i would have done the same thing. A nice rich oak or a dark cherry stain would look awesome, depeneds on what type of stain your other furniture is.;)

Very good job!

One question though: How did you get your LCD to detatch from your laptop and still work? Help!

I'd love to do this FOR my mother, but i need to find a cheap or free laptop.. i've got an anchient compaq laptop but its only 256 color :/

Excuse me, I think you forgot my bread.
Bread, two dollars extra.
Two dollars - But everybody in front of me got free bread!
You want bread?
Yes, please. :)
THREE DOLLARS!
What? :eek:
NO SOUP FOR YOU! :mad:

First, you should have measured straight up to the glass on the LCD instead of up to the metal lip; also it would have looked three eleventy billion times better if you would have stained the wood. (ugh I hate paint sooo much)

Oh, yeah and y u throw h8?

Edit: OMG OMG OMG BEEESEVEN FOAR SCARY!!11 ;)

Originally posted by Stoltenborg
^^ banned for posting tubgirl :rolleyes:

Regards,
Stoltenborg

I sent a pm to both mods right after I noticed Scary-MoFo was starting to do this.

agreed with the stain idea. too late now though.

good idea overall. needs more finishing. I'd like to see it mounted on a wall.

<3 [M]

Originally posted by snelts
Well aren't you just the shit.

It takes practice but I get by. :D

Rage sent me a PM, Scary-MoFo has been taken care of.

Holy crap I just noticed your hands and arm in that pic. Dude you really need to stop painting frames and go eat something ASAP!

Did you lock yourself in the garage and forget to eat while working on that? :D

All right - it is over guys. Lets keep this thread on topic, shall we?

Originally posted by PS-RagE
All right - it is over guys. Lets keep this thread on topic, shall we?

we have been on topic, he put the Fuck U [M] comment into the pictures and we are thusly reacting, if he hadnt done this this woulda all been disregarded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back