Project: Ventchat

cornelious0_0

[H]F Junkie
Project: Ventchat

Hello everyone, I can't believe I'm finally getting off my a$$ and getting to work on my next case mod...it's been far to long. This project holds a lot of meaning as it's not only my first project since my Shuttle bit the dust but also the first case mod I've done that is not for me to hold onto. Upon completion I will be donating the case to one lucky listener of the Ventchat podcast.

http://www.ventchat.com

Ventchat is a weekly World of Warcraft/gaming podcast that I have followed since the debut recording and is now nearing it's 100th episode. The community surrounding this podcast is like few others that I have witnessed and even long after I've cut back on WoW I continue to listen and am happy and impressed with where the four hosts have taken the program. The humor and perspectives offered by Fen, Esta, Sauce and Turdhat have pulled me through some pretty crappy days over the last (nearly) two years and this case mod is my way of giving back to the community that has helped make the show what it is today.

The case that's "on the chopping block" for this project is my beloved Lian-Li PC-7B, I couldn't stand to pass along a chassis that I wouldn't consider purchasing. Being that the goal of this mod is to offer a physical representation of the podcast (through color choices, imagery, etc) I felt it made sense to use a chassis that would offer me as clean a slate as possible to work from...it just so happens I had one under my desk all along. :)

Lian-Li PC-7B video review by MNPCTech.com: http://youtu.be/yfdAbmXPrd8

My goals (as they currently stand) for this mod are as follows:

- A red/white/blue color scheme to tie into the podcast logo (pictured above)
- Side panel window cut to mirror the logo itself
- Case feet and carrying handles added
- Honeycomb modders mesh added/used in place of front fan grill
- Red and blue Vandal switches to replace factory power/reset buttons

There may be more that crosses my mind as I progress but this is what I expect to get to as a bare minimum and I really like how things are looking in my head already. I'm finally past most of the financial/work related hurdles I was anticipating and hope to be able to provide updates of some sort on a weekly basis as this project comes to a close. I expect to have my system evacuated from the PC-7B within the next few days so pics will be on the way shortly. :)

The best way to stay up to date with the project on a daily basis is to follow me on Twitter (http://www.twitter.com/cornelious0_0) but rest assured, anything worthy of a photo will end up in the forum thread asap.

I want to apologize for not having more available to post, I do still intend to get this project finished but I have been dealing with some serious marital issues over the last few days and case modding (obviously) needs to take a back seat.

I know that this update is not required of me but as a long time follower and contributor to the online case modding community I wanted to give back in whatever way I can and work to keep everyone up to date as time goes on. Hopefully I'll have something more positive to post very soon...don't give up on me just yet. :)

Thanks

- cornelious0_0 (Jeff)

Back