Project T-Virus

stlprice

n00b
Hello, I haven't been too active on the forums as of late mainly because of my job change.
Anyway I wanted to start a worklog here for anyone to follow I am calling it the T-Virus for now since It's black and green.
I have always done blue builds and decided to do something different this time around, I will be taking my time and doing it right (hopefully by your standards)
I am new to watercooling and this will be my first(and overwhelming) watercooled build by the time I am finished.

An interesting side note, this is my first stab at decent photography of my build, as well as using a new camera and learning as I go.
My house as low lighting due to well It's winter time and i have mainly warm lights so I'm doing the best I can.
Without further a due....

T-Virus

Corsair 650D
Gigabyte Z68XP-UD4
Seasonic x750 PSU
Xigmatek 4-in-3 HDD cage
4x Gelid FW12PL-18 (so far)
FTW Neon Green Paracord and Black Paracord and heatshrink
*Intel i5 2500k to run the board till IVY Bridge
*Ordering Sata sleeve/shrink soon as well.
*EKWaterblock Kit or individual purchase coming soon.
*EVGA GTX 570
*swapping drives over into drive cage when project is ready
*swapping GSKILL RIpjaw 2133s over as well, but replacing heatsinks.
*plan to thoroughly run cables through case in a smooth look even from the back side.
Ordered an additional Corsair mesh guard to put in top bay area.
*Will order (Lamptron) fan controller when time comes, open to suggestions.

Case

MOBO and plate

Painted Bezel to match case

Fans and PSU

I am already in love with the Gelids!!!

Replaced Xigmatek fan (blacked out wires and removed sticker)

Sleeving Purchased, just waiting on tools

That is all for now, I should have a lot done here over christmas break as far as sleeving goes....
All critique welcome, even if it is on my photography skills.

I see potential!

Haven't kept up with motherboards but that is just all sorts of awesome black. should anodize the heatsinks green to give it some 2-tone. IMO.

I was worried itd take away from what I am going for, I will have green every where in this case, I plan to have more of a black background.
Thanks btw, I'll have updates here in a few weeks.

Looks like its gonna be be awesome when completed...
Glad to see the black and green theme...Not alot of those out there.
Good luck, cant wait to see the finished project...

I will for sure be keeping my eye on this. Ive always wanted a black and green but there aren't many options out there unless you go custom like you are. Maybe some day ill be able to do something like this.

thanks guys, Green isn't a common color I've noticed but with enough searching/diggin/UK website searches, (haha) you can get the green you need for your case.

I am in direct contact with a great sleeving company based in the US and they have stuff that competes with MDPC, even their heatshrink.

http://ftwpc.com/
Main contact and owner over their's name is Eric, he's very responsive and they do great custom work there as well.

They are based in US and shipping is very fast and cost effective.

Gelid Fans from Newegg.

I will, because when I saw the sleeving you are using I google'd paracord right away and found ftwpc and e-mailed them right away.

Someone (possibly the owner) from FTWPC posts here now and then. Most recent was a project in a Silverstone.

UPDATE:
Started Sleeving with what I got, Larger sleeve on the way,
Here you go:

DSCF0106.jpg

DSCF0107.jpg

DSCF0110.jpg

DSCF0112.jpg

DSCF0111.jpg

DSCF0114.jpg

Back