Project: sponsored by bitcoin

Kasucode

Limp Gawd
I would like to thank bitcoins for providing me with allot of the parts here lol.
on a more serious note thanks to hardass, for a good deal on the case motherboard and processor.
basics:

Case: Phobya waCoolit
Motherboard: Rampage 4 Extreme
Cpu: 3930K
Memory: Gskill 16GB 1600mhz
Power supply: Rosewell 1600watt Hercules
Gpu: 4x 290 flashed to 290X

water equipment

Cpu: Koolance 380I
Chipset/mosfet: XSPC rampage waterblock set
Gpu: Koolance 290 blocks 2x rev 1, 2x rev 1.1, 4 gpu connecter block

2x 360 Monsta radiators
Phobya Resivoiors
Swifttec d5 pumps (will be replaced with newer pumps soon)
Will get new fans soon

Sadly a single Monsta 360 rad runs hot to the touch with 4 290s 65c I currently run just 3 mining. I will be getting a more powerful pump along with much better fans. hoping I get a few degrees off it. Otherwise I might put another Monsta 360 rad on the gpus.

I haven't played any games with it yet, but just for testing I did run tomb raider bench on 1 3 and 4 cards to check scaling.

1 card gave me 72fps 3 cards 173fps 4 cards 223 fps

thats with the cpu at stock and the cards underclocked (875 core 1250mem) for mining.

2535 with just 3 cards I have not put much effort into settings with the new build. I just used my previous 2 card config. seems one card likes different clock speeds. after I get my new pump and all 4 cards running the way I want ill adjust and post updated numbers. Id expect around 850~880 per card. the more cards I run in 1 box the less hash they put out. I got 1000 with a single 290.

well maybe take multi instances of the miner running instead of trying to batch them as 1, I noticed this even for me and the 2 7870s I had running for a bit, 2 cores per card on one miner, or 2 separate instances of miner with 2 cores per card, the 2 separate instances gave better hashing power, at the time I was still doing bitcoin not scrypt but it was a difference of 42-54mh/s which was still tons considering the difficulty before I stopped for SHA.

Sick rig man by looking at pics I do not understand how all the gpu are getting enough liquid flow going through the blocks to each card, but I do not know much about this at all, so I can just admire the looks :)

Put a 240 on the fan mount next to the MB to cool the CPU loop. Should be more than sufficient. Then you can add the other 360 to the vid loop. That should drop the vid loop a few more degrees.

well maybe take multi instances of the miner running instead of trying to batch them as 1, I noticed this even for me and the 2 7870s I had running for a bit, 2 cores per card on one miner, or 2 separate instances of miner with 2 cores per card, the 2 separate instances gave better hashing power, at the time I was still doing bitcoin not scrypt but it was a difference of 42-54mh/s which was still tons considering the difficulty before I stopped for SHA.

Sick rig man by looking at pics I do not understand how all the gpu are getting enough liquid flow going through the blocks to each card, but I do not know much about this at all, so I can just admire the looks :)

Thanks for the advice definitely something to try. thanks heres a pdf that explains the flow http://koolance.com/files/products/manuals/manual_cnt-vdbx_d100eng.pdf its the cnt-vdb4

Put a 240 on the fan mount next to the MB to cool the CPU loop. Should be more than sufficient. Then you can add the other 360 to the vid loop. That should drop the vid loop a few more degrees.

I do have another 360 and 240 30mm swiftech rad and thought about using them however it would only be temporary. This bench is just to let my parts make money while I build my next case. I need 2 more monsta 360 rads anyways for my future build so ill just get another sooner. I might end up ordering the other rad tonight.

so the flow is in the side across down side and out type thing like pic 3 VDB2 over the 3 gpu or like VDB4? cause it would seem like there simply would not be enough liquid in/out to cool very well or it would be getting wicked hot very fast. Again I do not know much at all about this, but is interesting to see it and try to understand it.

Damn that is sexy. I don't have any experience with water cooling except for my H100 which doesn't really count, but I was wondering how loud the radiator fans are.

Wow thats so cool. You have money and can take pictures.

Thats a little sarcastic and rude.

Anyway, if you paid attention at all, he didn't buy them, his bitcoins did. Just because he was smart or fast enough to get into it at the right time doesnt mean you have to berate him.

I for one enjoy the rig!

And if you ever want to get rid of that snazzy case the PSU came in, please let me know.

I'm fairly certain that with radiators that thick, it is actually illegal to not use fans in a push-pull configuration. :p

My preference would be to use it in a single large loop as follows:

GFX ==> 360 Radiator ==> Pump ==> CPU ==> 360 Radiator ==> Pump ==> [back to GFX]

nice looking setup.

only thing I don't like is the weird combination of fittings going to/from the cpu to the VRM on the motherboard.

Those radiators really need to be in push/pull for best performance, esp on monstas I figured the temperatures would be high. a 360 even a monsta will have trouble cooling 4 290's

My liquid temp is around 38c. With a 280mm xt 45 alphacool in push/pull and a rx 240 in push only. Single R9-290- unlocked to be a 290x. Granted I also cool the cpu in the same loop. Delta between liquid temp and graphics card core temp is around 20c for me.
Ambient temp is 24-25c

Hey thanks for the front page post been a bit busy sorry for the late response.

Damn that is sexy. I don't have any experience with water cooling except for my H100 which doesn't really count, but I was wondering how loud the radiator fans are.

The fans I had in the picture are the coolmaster a2025s and i don't recommend them they are not quiet or durable. I got new Noctua nf-f12 pwm fans and they are amazingly quiet for what they do. pics soon.

Sweet Zombie Jesus look at that thing.

lol thanks man

Wow thats so cool. You have money and can take pictures.

I have money because I work two jobs 70 hours a week. I took picture because I think its something nice to share with people. I did not post a full detailed log if that's what your referring to because I don't have the time.

Thats a little sarcastic and rude.

Anyway, if you paid attention at all, he didn't buy them, his bitcoins did. Just because he was smart or fast enough to get into it at the right time doesnt mean you have to berate him.

I for one enjoy the rig!

And if you ever want to get rid of that snazzy case the PSU came in, please let me know.

Thank you, really the bitcoins took care of my gpus back when they were at 400 each. everything else was out of pocket. this is also my gaming rig it does game when I have time. and that is a pretty nice box. i have my previous 1300 watt supply in it.

I'm fairly certain that with radiators that thick, it is actually illegal to not use fans in a push-pull configuration. :p

My preference would be to use it in a single large loop as follows:

GFX ==> 360 Radiator ==> Pump ==> CPU ==> 360 Radiator ==> Pump ==> [back to GFX]

Hehe thanks. I do want to push pull but as I mentioned I really dont have crazy money to put into this like allot of the builds you see. I put money into it as I can paycheck to paycheck. I did buy another radiator and a bunch of new fans and will be posting an update shortly. I changed it around allot.

nice looking setup.

only thing I don't like is the weird combination of fittings going to/from the cpu to the VRM on the motherboard.

Those radiators really need to be in push/pull for best performance, esp on monstas I figured the temperatures would be high. a 360 even a monsta will have trouble cooling 4 290's

My liquid temp is around 38c. With a 280mm xt 45 alphacool in push/pull and a rx 240 in push only. Single R9-290- unlocked to be a 290x. Granted I also cool the cpu in the same loop. Delta between liquid temp and graphics card core temp is around 20c for me.
Ambient temp is 24-25c

I have changed the loop allot and will have an updated post soon. im just limited on funds and getting what I can as I get paid. I do not like the fittings like that either. I will probably put in hard lines just for that area later. but for now it works. To be honest I was not going for looks with this build. I just wanted 4 cold gpus in a rig i can game with. A few parts I got because this hardware is going to be in a scratch build case I plan to make later. all that's important to me is somewhat silent operation and not allot of heat pouring into my room from the 24/7 operation.

I rearranged the loop for better performance. I got a new Koolance 450/s Pump to replace the gpu pump. I have it running on a 24 volt converter. Also got another Monsta 360 rad and 9 NF-F12 fans. I put all 3 Monsta radiators on the gpus. and for now my previous 360 on the cpu. I do plan on getting 9 more NF-F12s for pull but will have to wait a week. My temps went from 65-66C (4gpus) with a single 360 monsta and crap fans to 42c at 24 ambient ~ 44c at 26c ambient.

20140226_204052.jpg

20140226_213141.jpg

20140226_214734.jpg

20140228_004009.jpg

These pics were right after filling the loop there is no air in the loop.

I have changed the loop allot and will have an updated post soon. im just limited on funds and getting what I can as I get paid. I do not like the fittings like that either. I will probably put in hard lines just for that area later. but for now it works. To be honest I was not going for looks with this build. I just wanted 4 cold gpus in a rig i can game with. A few parts I got because this hardware is going to be in a scratch build case I plan to make later. all that's important to me is somewhat silent operation and not allot of heat pouring into my room from the 24/7 operation.
I feel you on the silent operation/quiet. No matter how you cool it though its still a lot of heat to dump into the room, unless your exhausting the air from the radiators out the window or something.

I rearranged the loop for better performance. I got a new Koolance 450/s Pump to replace the gpu pump. I have it running on a 24 volt converter. Also got another Monsta 360 rad and 9 NF-F12 fans. I put all 3 Monsta radiators on the gpus. and for now my previous 360 on the cpu. I do plan on getting 9 more NF-F12s for pull but will have to wait a week. My temps went from 65-66C (4gpus) with a single 360 monsta and crap fans to 42c at 24 ambient ~ 44c at 26c ambient.

That is impressive performance. 18c delta between ambient and gpu temps. This is 2c lower than my delta and I only have 1 GPU+CPU in the loop. Props dude!

Thanks, my rig is not even 1 foot away from a window ac unit and I have a small section of the ac blowing over the system. So that's where I get my extra 2c delta lol. Regardless im happy with the performance.

Back