Project Snowblind: Dancing LEDs

Tricky

Limp Gawd
I've been on [H] for YEARS and never built anything I felt worthy. Hopefully this one is different enough to be here. If anyone that see's this is thinking about watercooling and can afford it, I highly recommend it. Tons of fun and love the results.

It's not perfect, I know. There's a few things I want to fix, the droop down to the first GPU and I'm still not happy with how the cables look.

rTiJBpB.gif

Youtube LED Music Video

Full IMGUR Album

**CPU** | [Intel Core i7-5820K 3.3GHz 6-Core Processor]
**Motherboard** | [Asus X99-PRO ATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard]
**Memory** | [Mushkin Blackline 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-2800 Memory]
**Storage** | [Samsung XP941 Series 512GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive]
**Video Card** | [Asus GeForce GTX 980 4GB STRIX Video Card]| $528.99 @ SuperBiiz
**Video Card** | [Asus GeForce GTX 980 4GB STRIX Video Card]
**Case** | [Phanteks Enthoo Primo White ATX Full Tower Case]
**Power Supply** | [SeaSonic 1050W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply]
**Other**| EK CoolStream 420 XTC Series Liquid Cooling Radiator (EK-CoolStream RAD XTC (420))
**Other**| Alphacool NexXxoS Monsta 360mm - White Special Edition
**Other**| EK GeForce GTX 980 Strix Full Coverage Water Block - Acetal + Nickel (EK-FC980 GTX Strix - Acetal+Nickel)
**Other**| EK GeForce GTX 980 Strix Full Coverage Water Block - Acetal + Nickel (EK-FC980 GTX Strix - Acetal+Nickel)
**Other**| EK GeForce GTX 980 Strix Backplate - Black (FC980 GTX Strix Backplate - Black)
**Other**| EK GeForce GTX 980 Strix Backplate - Black (FC980 GTX Strix Backplate - Black)
**Other**| EK Supremacy EVO Universal CPU Liquid Cooling Block - Acetal + Nickel (EK-Supremacy EVO - Acetal+Nickel)

Excellent job.... Love the lightning.
Are you gona give some more details and info on how to make it?

The lighting? Yes, I'm working on a video now that should be going up on the channel next week.

That is really awesome!
Excellent work, pics do not do the lighting justice. The video is where it's at.

Excellent work! Am very impressed, and it is definitely "worthy."

As others have said, the pictures do not do it justice, the video says it all.

far out. great case, parts. and lighting. would be interested in the item used as the light controller for my guitar amp/itx build

Lookin' great. The LEDs you used are pretty neet-o, but I wish they sold them in larger strands.

I'm assuming this is just DMX style lighting. You can get strands up to 100ft, but you need individually IC'd (6803IC) LED's (usually SMD 5050) for RGB addressing per LED.

And, well, that's pretty damn cool.

Back