• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Project: Small but Tall

Got my touch screen and added it.
touch.jpg

It is a bit bigger than I thought it would be but fits nice just setting on top.
Works great, good for showing my jukebox and system stats and the touch is cool just reach over and tap.
serves as a nice extension to my desktop in dual monitor mode.
Next step is to make it black to better match everything and who knows perhaps I will build it in.
 
That's pretty freaking sweet! I bet you could load up a huge multi-TB raid in there if you wanted to also...
 
sick case, but just 1 thing i don't understand... hot air rises, yet your exhaust vent is in the bottom of the case? why did you decide to go with this instead of go with the flow?
 
I've really three comments..

the overall case design is AWESOME....
the effective lighting throughout was better than I thought it would be when I saw the original opennings...
WTF is with that BEIGE drive among those black drives??

And a question?

How much did that case (without mobo, but including the water cooling) cost to build?
 
NVM, after a couple more views, I answered my question. But I will still comment on the foam tape, it sounds like a great idea and I might be using it myself.

Another question popped in my head. How well did the reflective stuff work out? You mentioned something about how they claim it bubbles.... Has done that to you yet? Also, with the backlighting, does it have to be white light or would you be able to use a regular cold cathode?

Anyways, the finished product looks great!
 
Silent Assasin said:
NVM, after a couple more views, I answered my question. But I will still comment on the foam tape, it sounds like a great idea and I might be using it myself.

Another question popped in my head. How well did the reflective stuff work out? You mentioned something about how they claim it bubbles.... Has done that to you yet? Also, with the backlighting, does it have to be white light or would you be able to use a regular cold cathode?

Anyways, the finished product looks great!
The film has worked out great no problems at all I think the bubble problem is only when you have extreme heat. The lighting used is uv cold cathode
 
Elysian said:
sick case, but just 1 thing i don't understand... hot air rises, yet your exhaust vent is in the bottom of the case? why did you decide to go with this instead of go with the flow?
That be the intake in the bottom.
 
Back
Top