Project: Slumber Parties

Status
Not open for further replies.

scgt1

Supreme [H]ardness
So my fiance does slumber parties. The 18+ adult parties for women. The office is full of $3,000 of Ikea Besta and Inreda stuff to match the colors of the business. I've been wanting to ditch the PITA Antec 900 thats served as my server box for ever and always wanted to mod a case. So I moved my server hardware into my game case an ABS A+ El Diablo. (I'm going to be modding this one later to match the Red/Black theme also)

I picked up a Cooler Master Sphere HAF 932 and a cpu loop with a tripple rad from Turk-FX here on HF. This is my first time going water cooled so I honestly have alot of reading to do. I have plenty of time as I haven't gotten my board, cpu, or gpu/s yet.

To start off this wonderful build. The dumb a%% carrier from fedex left the box 200 address's away at 619 instead of 419. Of course the people took the box in then left for the day. (Just my luck) I called up fedex and said it shows to be delivered and it sure as heck wasn't delivered at my house. Thats when they told me it was left at 619. They sent the currier back to the house she left a note and stopped by at my house and said she guessed at the number. (I'm thinking you don't f%#$#$ing guess at an address.)

I ended up going back by the house several times to see if anyone was home throughout the day. Finally late in the evening someone was home and they put it back outside. Unopened. I'm thinking why even take it in your house if its not yours?

So yesterday around 12 I take out the ol razor blade and start cutting through the tape to check out what I got. Needless to say the outer window panel was scratched from when Turk packed it which he told me about after he shipped it out and after I paid. This is already a problem because I was going to stick with the exterior paint and wasn't going to paint the outside. Now I'm forced to! So its making more time, more work, and alot more cost especially since I'm powder coating the inside of the case. The amount of supplies to repair and prep for paint because of the water damage is going to be some dough.

Below are the photos I was shown when I agreed to make the purchase:
2678405890086205748ZAphgN_th.jpg

2108650770086205748HTsfXM_th.jpg

2796348230086205748IrmVMJ_th.jpg

2527534110086205748nsJqgz_th.jpg

Following are what I have to work with now after receiving the package:

So moving on with the worklog. What on earth is the goup that collected on the cpu block?

This substance was actually such as a putty substance. I just rubbed it off under the bathroom sink. Then after I patted it dry was left with this:

So I put on a magnifing headset with light and grabbed a needle. This stuff Seemed more like dried algea as it came off in fuzzy sheets.

This was after an hour and a half:

There is still some minor shit there that I will clean later. I wanted to make sure I could get the foreign shit off.

Now flipping over the copper block we have another nice surprise:

This must have been from shipping considering I asked to have crushed newspaper stuffed in the case to keep things from moving around. The cpu block was just stuffed in the cpu section of the mobo backplate when I pulled the case out of the box. Which in turn put the copper block against metal. so it could rattle and slide while it is shipped.

Granted The pump and res were tapped down and the 6 gigs of gskill ram and box of case accesories were tapped and bubble wrapped together.
What nice find did I have of that ram with red heatsinks? Thermal paste smeared all over two of them on one side. Considering there was thermal paste on the inside of the anti static bag they were in.

So going to have to read up on lapping apparently so the block seats against the cpu properly.

While I was moving the Cooling setup I noticed Some fuzzy green particles floating around in the system:

Is this shit normal? I'm guessing its a form of algae.

Now for the Rad I was rather pissed off when I saw the following as I wasn't informed of this nice little bit of findings either:

Nice stuff huh? Not only did I have to clean shit off the water block, I'm going to have to straighten rad fins out the ass and sand blast and paint the rad now.

Down to the case:

Wow dust buildup. Just wait thats nothing:

Wow and a can of air is what $3 bucks. I paid $397 dollars for beat up and banged up stuff unanounced to me and it doesn't even arrive clean. Pretty sad. I've never sent anything dirty to a buyer on this forum or any other hardware forum let alone on ebay.

Oh look its the missing bay cover still missing from the initial pic where I asked if he had it and was told yes its sitting right by him in a drawer and he insured me it would be sent along with all the plates. Hell I only got maybe 3 of the IO Plates.

Bare chasis:

I made sure since I am drilling out the rivets and having the chasis painted well powder coated to make sure I have a log of rivet locations:

Now with a close look over the case we have the following:
Mangled Drive hold offs:

Water damage out the ass:

Of course above under the rad section I have that damage noted along with under the cpu block section I have the damage posted about the copper block also.

So New retail workup of purchased items:
Cooler Master Haf 932 $139.99 FREE SHIPPING NEWEGG
Swiftech GTZ 1366 $59.99 +$5.99 SHIPPING NEWEGG
Swiftech MC320-QP $54.99 +$7.56 SHIPPING NEWEGG
Pump and Pump Top $99 Discontinued from Petra Tech
GSKILL DDR3 RAM $129.99 +5.99 SHIPPING NEWEGG
Clamps, Barbs, Hose $25ish
Res $20 He said it was about this
Total retail $688.00ish

What I paid for the package Not knowing of all the damage was $397
$85 of that was for the ram which is a fair price. I don't have a problem with the ram cost as long as it works when the build is complete that is. Since it was left to flop around in the case with bubble shit wrapped around it in an antistatic bad who knows. I don't have anything that will run ddr3 to run memtest on it though so I'm kinda left hanging.
So factor out the ram from retail and your left with: $552 If I were to buy the case and wc gear. Which is only $240 bucks off new prices. Which is fair. IF THE PRODUCTS ARE COMPLETE AND NOT LOOKING LIKE THEY WERE THROWN IN THE BACK OF A GARBAGE TRUCK BEFORE THEY WERE SHIPPED.

Not only do I not have everything for the case. The case is trashed up pretty damn bad, the radiator is far from even 50% quality The cpu block was full of shit that took forever to clean and still isn't clean not to mention the back side that contacts the cpu is trashed to hell. The dust is just unbelievable I mean COME ON $4 bucks for a f%#ing can of air. :mad:

I'm not at all happy with the start of my mod at all. I would have rather just spent the extra $240 bucks and gotten new products vs what junk I ended up with. :mad:

NEXT UP DRILLING RIVITS:

Last edited:

Not quite. Hell far from it. 18+ Women getting together yes. Alcohol yes. As to sleeping atire and corny games no. The purpose is to educate and empower women more so on the sensual and sexual side of things. From relaxing in the bathtub and shaving to massages then off to the more risque side of things with evening attire to bedroom toys. You know the kind of parties us guys would like to go to but can't lol.

Good place to order something for the Miss's for b-day, that anniversary your banging your head against the wall trying to figure out what to get at the last minute, or x-mas valentines gifts.

Exerpt (sp) from the book a party page:
Discover ways to increase your sensuality, spice up your love life and explore your fantasies! You will laugh and learn as you bond with friends during the ultimate girls’ night out. Your Slumber Parties Consultant will give a hands-on presentation of our lotions, lingerie, novelties and bedroom accessories that is sure to be both fun and enlightening. In order to create a relaxed atmosphere where everyone can feel comfortable, our in-home parties are for adult women only.

To confidentially request a party, please fill out the form below as completely as possible. If you do not know all the details of your party, give as much information as you can, and a Consultant will contact you to assist with further planning. If there is a specific Consultant you wish to conduct your party, please enter her name in the appropriate box

We can’t wait to help you plan your next girls’ night. In order to thank you for hosting a party with us, you will earn a free shopping spree and other great perks!

So no its not really anything like the above link other then friends getting together and usually they decide to have drinks.

Last edited:
im really sorry to hear about your bad trade with turk. hes a nice guy, i talk to him on steam now and then and i bought some fans and a heater core off him a while ago. im really disappointed, but i hope you can make this thing sparkle by the time your done!

Thats awful man, people should have a little more respect for belongings, especially when their selling the stuff!

THIS IS REALLY A POST FROM YESTERDAY EVENING I LOST INTERNET FROM 7PM TILL AROUND 1PM TODAY.
Ok so I pulled the ol Dremel out and found the appropriate sized metal bit for the job. I've never drilled out case rivits before so wasn't quite sure what I was getting myself into. So I set it at 4 for the speed that way its not hauling ass and trying to chop a finger off. I wasn't too affraid of scratching the paint now since it was screwed before I even received it. I still don't get how the hell you scratch the hell out of a case when you have styrofoam (sp) on the front and back of the case and your sliding it in a cardboard box. I guess it can happen. :rolleyes:

So since the rain has been holding off I decided to take advantage of it since its been sprinkling off and on as it has been for the last week here in TX. Below we have it half way tore down and drilled out:

Now we have everything drilled out:

The nice aftermath:

I got my ass chewed by the ol lady for this one!

Now we have closer looks at the water damage and neglectful modding done to the case:

That sure is some nice shit.

Turk said that he didn't know there was any water damage. He said he spilt a little while putting the system together, but promptly cleaned it up. UMMMM Its about on every panel thats not a little bit. As to the rad. He said first that it was new he just put it in the case. Then he comes back to say he purchased it new and used it for 2-3 months. Its always been in the case and there wasn't any damaged fins. UM anyone else seeing these pictures. That rad has been through hell so has the case and the waterblock. He is saying he can refund me a whopping $22 bucks because thats all he has. Hmm I just paid him $397 Which this shit isn't worth that. By far! Or is it just me? Maybe $400 is a good price for junk?:confused:

I offered him full refund if he returns, or $34 refund if he keeps them. I also gave him 3x free ultra kaze fans for free when they weren't on the deal.. Now he makes me look like a shit, i dont know what else to do. i didnt see inside the block how it happened. it is used for only 3-4 months with distilled water+%15 antifreeze. And radiator used about same with kaze fans. i installed them in the same system and never took them off. I sent him pics.

I didnt realize there was a little rust under need the PSU. I am not kind of guy deal with a person and leave him hang in there. I am sending same Pm over and over but he wants me to pay for his coating cost. Do you guys thing it is fair?

And i offered him to break up the loop and send it clean but he said, he want is like that. i have the PMs i sent him saying i can drain it and send him, he wanted that way.

I am just here to clear my name.

I offered him full refund if he returns, or $34 refund if he keeps them. I also gave him 3x free ultra kaze fans for free when they weren't on the deal.. Now he makes me look like a shit, i dont know what else to do. i didnt see inside the block how it happened. it is used for only 3-4 months with distilled water+%15 antifreeze. And radiator used about same with kaze fans. i installed them in the same system and never took them off. I sent him pics.

I didnt realize there was a little rust under need the PSU. I am not kind of guy deal with a person and leave him hang in there. I am sending same Pm over and over but he wants me to pay for his coating cost. Do you guys thing it is fair?

And i offered him to break up the loop and send it clean but he said, he want is like that. i have the PMs i sent him saying i can drain it and send him, he wanted that way.

I am just here to clear my name.

There is rust on almost every piece of steel not just under the psu tray. Look through all the pics I gave u. Why should I settle for a full refund when u expect me to pay shipping on 40lbs? Especially when I've done so much work to it already? Your whopping $34 should already be coming to me since fedex failed to deliver on time. Express is guaranteed. I feel that I should be reimbursed the extra time to lap the block, sandblast and paint the outside case panels and bottom along with the rust removal cost and time im going to incure along with blasting and painting the rad. I wasnt informed of any of this damage prior to sale. Nor could I see any of it with the 4 Pictures hou showed me. I dunno guys am I wrong for thinking reimbursement is fair for repairing the stuff back to what i was told prior to sale?
There is always filing a claim through paypal also.

I believe this area is for the worklog. I see comments that should be taken care of elsewhere.

Guys if your going to have a dispute, I didnt come to your thread to read all that. Please, PLEASE dont make this issue public unless there are more major issues in this, and if there are, post them in the appropriate thread / forum, not here, this is a worklog for the work your doing.

Peace and love all!

I'd consider it "polishing a turd". Think of it as a mission to take soemthing so aweful and make it so nice.

Kinda like getting a wrecked and rusted GTO out of the junkyard and making it a showcar. There's more satisfaction in it when you start with less than perfect parts.

This thread started moderately off-topic and has quickly strayed off into a trade dispute.

Trading issues should either be dealt with in private, or taken up in Tips/Tricks/Trolls if it's an issue that you need help with.

As for the worklog aspect: While worklogs tend to have a bit of background info and commentary, this is by far too much. All of the sex party junk and what not would only be appropriate in the off-topic subscription section, General Mayhem. Check it out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back