Project: Satan's Deuce

eek.gif

an update!

eek.gif
eek.gif

a great job!

:p

Holy stuff-on-a-stick! That's a kick-ass idea... Man.. looks schweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet! I want it to have my children! ;D

What sort of hinges is your front bezel on? I was looking for nice hinges that would be hidden and allow for things to swing outward.

hey thats cool :) just one thought on the Fan grill, its pity you cant replace the eyes with a transparent, black material so that as the fans go around the eyes light up and so on.. just a thought :)

The hinges are some French made hardware, dont know of a specific name for them, they were ordered from some wholesale hardware place my grandfather knows. I guess since they are French made we can call them freedom hinges.... not.

Paint, still have a small amount of odd airbrushing to do and clear coating the whole thing of course The blue pinstriping was hand done this time, I have used masking techniques on flames in the past to do the striping, but i was feeling spunky so I just broke out the brushes this time.
Picture-025.jpg

Picture-026.jpg

I also cleaned up the front by adding some aluminum so the single 120mm fan hole can be cut cleanly. The power switch and pwr/hdd leds are being relocated. the power switch is in the back and the activity lights mounted inside the case and are viewed from the side window.
I also have to make the upolstered panel that goes in the bottom of the case, it is a button and tuck red leather piece that resembles the clean interiors of these kinds of cars.
Picture-027.jpg

Picture-028.jpg

Picture-029.jpg

Picture-030.jpg

Picture-031xx.jpg

Very nice work man, have you considered a handle to open up the front, possibly a car door handle. Just a thought.

Woah, that paintjob looks amazing. Infact, the whole thing is looking VERY nice. Good work

rogue_jedi said:
QFT.

that paint job rocks.
QFT

i haven't read the thread, so i have to ask: will you be watercooling it? man some LEDs //cold cathode tubes would look awesome in there...maybe green or blue :eek: :D

I need to just have this in my Sig so I don't have to type it anymore:

Bonz, that's AMAZING.

Awesome job bro.

Thanks so much for all the compliments folks, I really appreciate it.
Here are a few more shots with the Controlled-insanity.com logo airbrushed on and the upolstered panel in place. I also started making the thumb screws for the side panels.
sd45-002.jpg

sd45-005.jpg

sd45-006.jpg

sd45-007.jpg

After listening to my Wife's suggestion I added in some upolstered panels to the front of the case behind the bezel. She thought it looked too plain and unfinished. I am very pleased with the result.
I also mounted the twin face grills w/ spacers on the back of the case and finished all the rear dice thumbscrews.

These panels are the same pillow-top look as the interior panel.
sd45-008.jpg

looks really nice even with the door closed:
sd45-009.jpg

sd45-010.jpg

sd45-011.jpg

sd45-012.jpg

I still have the remaining fan holes to chop out and mount the rest of the fan grills, I can only work on it a little here and there as we have plenty of other work in the shop that I have to dedicate the bulk of my time to, but I hope to have it finished in the next 2-3 weeks or so.

Dang Man. That thing looks sweet. It should be awesome when completed. Keep up the good work.

thanks everyone, I am going to apply the clear coating tomorrow. It should be very juicy when done. Only a few things left to do after that and it will be time to give it away.

bonzanego said:
thanks everyone, I am going to apply the clear coating tomorrow. It should be very juicy when done. Only a few things left to do after that and it will be time to give it away.

Someone is going to be amazingly lucky and happy. The paintjob just screams skill. It looks incredibly amazing. Make sure you stick a Bonzai logo on there somewhere along with the CI logo;)

:eek: Insane man grreat work. I was wondering for a neat trick if you were putting in hard ware, would be to put in a slot mount drive verticle so the disks came out through the grill and just had a hidden eject button. now that would be rolling 7's

I managed to apply the clear coat yesterday and added the feet to the case. This clear coat is some of the best money can buy and can be found on showcars all over the United States. I made the rear feet about 1/2" thicker than the front feet so the case would slope down like a deuce coupe that has fat tires in the rear and narrow tires on the front.
It has been raining here everyday because of the hurricane near Florida so the lighting conditions to show off the reflections is very much lacking, i wanted to capture some blue skys in the black paint, but it is merely gray and nasty, i took these shots during a brief break in the rain today with only an old spray can for reflective reference (you can also see some of the gray siding of my house above the spray can reflection which is a good 12/14 feet from the position of the case.) Crisp long distance reflections like the siding is what you want to see, most paint, even poorly applied, will reflect a close object pretty well, but long distance reflections appear muddy and out of focus due to a rough surface). When i painted the Mechwarrior case the front bezel would sharply reflect houses and trees 50 yards away, thats what I try to aim for. After I mount the grill assembly I hope to get a really nice set of sunny skys photos for the worklog.
IMG_3237.jpg

IMG_3234.jpg

IMG_3232.jpg

That thing's gonna fingerprint like a mofo. You better give whoever wins it a box of latex gloves so they can move it.

'Tis beautiful :D

Saw a link on the [H]ard|OCP front page so I clickied for the hell of it. Holy wowzer rollin' roofie rave Batman!!! That's very very nice. Me likey.

Damn nice! :D Excellent work you are doing on that case. Reminds me of the time that my Grandfather (God rest his soul) did the work on the '26 through '32 roadsters. Thumbs up to you!

I was reading the thread, thinking "you know, he should upholster the inset there behind the front grill."

And you did it. Awesome, man!

Back