• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Project: Revame (Updated August 12)

Phenom

n00b
Joined
Jul 12, 2003
Messages
27
Hey,

Here is my new project log. The plan so far is to make this case into a extreme water cooling case. I plan to cool the CPU, GPU and the motherboard chip. I just bought two radiators and two fill lines. As you can see that this case will be completely different then the other case.

Hardware Specs.
Althon 64 FX 53 (Water-cooled) & (Overclocked)
2 gb ddr
ATI x800 PE (Water-cooled) & (Overclocked)
120 gb hard drive

xtakerx25-rt1.jpg

The radiators will be under the filters. The water tube will stick out of the side.

xtakerx25-rt2.jpg

xtakerx25-rt3.jpg

Hard Drive stand will stay the same and the inside will stay the same.
xtakerx25-rt4.jpg

New back fans. Still working on the case for it, but its almost done.
xtakerx25-rt5.jpg
 
How are you going to keep all that metal together? Looks very promising though. :)
 
I like it alot better than the last revision, I would reccomend trying to make the back fan grill/holder thingy out of 1 piece of metal, would give it a much cleaner look and be easier to mount and such. Also for the air filters on top, think about scrapping the sheet of metal thats up top and maybe get chromed tube for below the filters, you could stick fans below them or something and it would look pretty tight.
 
The metal will be screwed down into the plastic by tabs. I still have a lot of work to do on the top. I think it will look better with the metal on top.
 
Nice looking so far.

Feel sorry for all the abuse you took on the other one bro... I guess art is supposed to stir something in people, but perhaps not THAT. (but im not gonna say i hate [H], cuz i dont)

have fun+good luck

EDIT: A little hint: im not certain, but u might look at putting the rads at the bottom, where more cool air is. My knowledge of the subject is limited, but if u want check out procooling.com.
 
this looks much much better. but the top looks like car filters. but its not done yet so ill wait
 
:eek: its late im tired my brain isnt on .... well its never on
 
Sorry, but it looks so stupid. A metal case would've been better. You'd be able to weld the stuff to the case and give it a cleaner less noobish feel.
 
That depends on if you've ever welded (or have access to one). :rolleyes:
Now if you said rivets or something then that would made some sense.
 
much better than the last one, but i dont really see a point in having so many fans in one case, especially if you are going with watercooling. i guess as long as you enjoy it that is all that matters,.
 
Hey,
I have been working on the top a lot and the back. I am still waiting for the radiators and fill lines. So I cant install the top yet. Anyway here are some pictures.

xtakerx25-cv1.jpg

xtakerx25-cv2.jpg

xtakerx25-cv3.jpg

xtakerx25-cv5.jpg
 
I must say, I'm glad you decided to dump your initial project. I really don't like to slam anyones work, but now that you have gone in a different direction with it, I feel comfortable saying that the original project reminded me of the inside-out monkey from "The Fly". (that is more of an analogy than anything else)
I do feel that a lot of positive things have came from your first go. I feel confident you will be abandoning hot glue for future modding projects. I also feel that you are likely more aware of the problems with bubbles in the aluminum tape and how to prevent them. I'm willing to bet every single modder here has tried ideas that turned into disasters. (albiet most probably didn't post pictures of them) And I bet double or nothing those failures served as valuable experience in later projects.
Hell, to cite one of my own failures, I learned the hard way not to use plumbers goop to glue flat plexi surfaces together and not to use dremel sanding drums @ high RPM for edge finishing plexi. Either way, if nothing else, this should have given you some insight into the importance of good planning.

BTW, your new project is looking pretty promising.
 
cgrant26 said:
I'm willing to bet every single modder here has tried ideas that turned into disasters. (albiet most probably didn't post pictures of them) And I bet double or nothing those failures served as valuable experience in later projects.

I've been modding for around two years now (so I'm still pretty green) but I don't have a digi cam so I don't have alot of pics of my work (I have some for my current project though) but I'll share my first screw up.

It was a couple months back I was trying to wire some car lighting into my case and have it run off of the PSU....I turned on the PC, two seconds pass and it shutsdown. I then unplug the lights and turn it back on...Bam! A blue flash and the hint of ozone in the air.

I had killed my PSU because I screwed up my wiring, it was suppose to be wired up to the 12v line, instead I have wired it too the 5v, lol. :rolleyes:

Anyways I didn't like that PSU much and the light kit was $5 (I'll have to get another one later :D). So that's been the only screw I've done, I usually plan everything out well in advance. I do have pics though. ;)
 
Hey,

I just got a new case that I had a old pc in. I decided to change cases, but keep the same mod. I have been working really hard the past 2 days to catch up in my modding progress. Here are some pictures.

xtakerx25-vb1.jpg

Here is the original case. I really cut the thing up.
xtakerx25-vb2.jpg

xtakerx25-vb3.jpg

I took two reservoirs and glued them together. I will have two lines for water cooling.
xtakerx25-vb4.jpg

Here are the radiators I will be using.
xtakerx25-vb5.jpg

Case painted and radiators installed.
xtakerx25-vb6.jpg

Fans glued to the filter
xtakerx25-vb7.jpg

Case modding on top and front.
xtakerx25-vb8.jpg

I have the two blue fans under the filters. I hope the filters will glue blue at night. I also have a blue cathode behind the reservoirs in the front to make the water glow blue.
xtakerx25-vb9.jpg

Front shot

Dont worry about the glue showing at the front, it will be covered in time. Tomorrow I hope to finish the sides of the case and maybe have the cd-rom installed. Also the Power Supply wont be installed in the usual place. I will be installed on the cd rack. The radiator got in the way of the usual power supply place.
 
those air fliters are really going t restrict airflow. you really like those aluminum or steel sheets dont you. it is not really my taste. i must say this is much better than your other case. i am not going to critisis your case till it is finished. keep you the good work
 
dude.......................................................................give it up :rolleyes:
 
OMG MAN!!! you messed your 2nd case up!!! it was so beautiful before you put those scrap metal on it, no offense but i think it looks better without all the metal things, the metal makes it look like a 21st centry metal chimney. oh well, i liked your first case more though, the clear blue one but i still dont like that much metal...chemmmmneeeyyy
 
I think that this mod lacks some sort of framework to brace the sheet metal, which seems to be too thin. I mean WTH, is that .5mm alu or what? Basically, the concept seems to be sound, but the modder lacks some mechanical/metalworking skills.

Plus, some people who commented lack communication skills, or have no Idea what 'constructive criticism' means. I suggest trying to improve this.

And before you coma and say OMG FUGLY!!!!, let me tell you this: in what way does this look worse than Heavy Metal, for axample? That case was just plain ridiculous, but the craftsmanship was sound.
 
I'm going to withhold any comments until the end. It looks to be to early to really tell how it's going to turn out. I'm not a fan of how the aluminum sheets look, but they may turn out to look nice when it's finished.
 
Hey,
I worked on the sides of the case today. I am almost done with the window. I dont know if I will be able to keep the fan because it might interfer with teh water cooling tubes for the video card. I plan to water cool a ATI x800 PE. I worked on the front a little, it still needs to be finished. The top of the front got done. The little tube sticking out is the re-fill line for the reservoirs.
takerx11-ty1.jpg



takerx11-ty2.jpg
 
Don't let the smart asses in the forums slow you down. You at least have the balls to try new designs. What you lack is the skill that some of the master modders have demonstrated. That skill will come with time. Keep it up! This is looking better than before, you just need to work on the finishing touches more. Integrate the sheet metal into the case more, try to make it seamless.
 
Are you going to put something in that top corner to connect the front and the top together? IMO that would look pretty good, I actually think it's looking okay. Good job so far man.
 
I have been real busy play counter-strike: source, but I got some work done today. Today I installed the CD-Rom and worked on cleaning up the case. I also took some pictures to show where everything will go.
I still have some cleaning to do on the top of the case. So dont tell me about it.

takerx11-ew1.jpg

takerx11-ew2.jpg

takerx11-ew3.jpg

takerx11-ew4.jpg

takerx11-ew5.jpg

takerx11-ew6.jpg


Thats it for now. Tomorrow I will work on the window and work on cleaning up the case. I am trying to get the case done by the 23rd because that is when I start my first day of college.
 
Placement of the CD drives isn't going to work, get a slot loading DVD drive and then it will.
 
OK, so let me get this strait.

The two top 120 fans with the car filters on them are blowing inside the case from the top? :confused:
Wouldn't it make more since to have them on the bottom blowing air inside the case.

OR

Are the two top 120 fans blowing air out of the case, pulling air through the rads, which is then being filtered (witch makes no since).

I am really confused with what your trying to acomplish (based on what i saw in the last worklog, and what i see now)

Im sorry man, but I think you need to take a metal art or a woodshop class at your local community college before you waste anymore of your money. :(
 
Phenom said:
I am trying to get the case done by the 23rd because that is when I start my first day of college.

If I were you I would not take this thing with you to college. Nothing good can come of it.
 
wow it amazes me how many people are willing to tottally tear someone down and for the most part just because they dont like the theme.. Some have some valid critizims about some of the workmanship but there can be some cleanup later on some of it and besides this person is trying and is obviously new to modding and I think this is actually a valient attempt.. and not the worst casemod I have seen by far.
 
I have keep quiet on this thread so far but I do have to say a few things...CrimandEvil is correct and you are going to have WAY to many problems getting CD's in and out of a tray load drive in that orientation than it will be worth...get a nice Slot load and you will be fine...second...not to slam it or anything but you are doing better with this choice of case than the pale blue one but I do think you are trying to do too many things at once and though you are trying you might want to start on a smaller scale of mod and build up to something like this
 
Back
Top