Project Red & Black

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snobok

[H]ard|Gawd
Hey folks, I am just now getting under way with a new mod project. The case I'm working on is a Lian-Li PC-A05N. I mean to keep this mod simple and on the cheap, but only time will tell how that works out ;). This project will likely take me quite a while since school and work must take priority

I've already cut out the window spot and got that panel painted. I've got to get it clear-coated, wet-sanded, buffed, and shined though. I'll carry the same red and black scheme on the outside of the case, and the inside will be straight black. One of my major goals with this mod is silence since my current setup is a tad noisy for my tastes. I still got some cutting to do though on the hard drive cage & mobo tray.

The hardware that will go into this box is fairly modest, but will suffice for my needs:
AMD Phenom II 920
Gigabyte 780g mobo
4gb G. Skill DDR2-1066
Asus Radeon 4670 512mb
Seagate 500gb & Maxtor 300gb Sata HDDs
DVDRW & cardreader.

That said, on with the pics of what I've got done so far:

Got everything masked off and need to start really painting.

I need to clear coat this yet, but its getting there.

Another shot of the almost-finished panel

Some new, and hopefully quiet fans

And for kicks, here is a pic of the current setup.

Have fun. Be Safe. Eat brains.

It's not much progress, but I got the painting on that 1st panel done & the window installed. The window is more red in reality, but the camera shows it more pinkish.

Hopefully, I'll get a spare moment to get the other panel primed & painted tomorrow. It's been too humid to paint properly here though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back