Project: Red and Black

chrsharvick29

Weaksauce
Hi all. I just started my first mod project. I'd like to see what you guys think so far.

Specs:
EVGA Classified E761 motherboard
Intel i7 920 C0 processor
EVGA GTX 285 graphics card
Corsair Dominator GT 2000 Mhz DDR3
WD Raptor X 150 GB + Seagate 500 GB HDDs
Thermaltake Toughpower 850W modular PSU
Coolermaster Cosmos S case

Cooling:
Heatkiller 3.0 CU 1366 CPU Block
XSPC RX360 Extreme Performance Radiator
Swiftech MCP355 w/ XSPC Res Top
Bitspower Black Sparkle 1/2" Compression Fittings
Feser 1/2" ID 3/4" OD UV Red Tubing

I have already stripped the case and got the main parts powder coated:
Textured Black(looks rougher in the pictures)
IMG_0003.jpg

IMG_0004.jpg

IMG_0005.jpg

IMG_0006.jpg

Red Rails
IMG_0007.jpg

IMG_0008.jpg

Waiting to paint the plastic parts and the grills/pci covers this week. Only waiting on my WCing parts right now.

I'm planning on sleeving the whole case later on when the MurderMod sleeving kits become available. I'll also order Black connecters from performance-pcs when I order the sleeving.

Please comment and give me advice as I go along with this project.

The rails should be a darker red, instead of the bright red ;)

Otherwise, this project is going to be awesome!

The rails should be a darker red, instead of the bright red ;)

Otherwise, this project is going to be awesome!

Yeah, I noticed the flash on the camera made them appear allot lighter than they are. They are dark red for sure. Maybe I can get some better pics.

What do you guys think about some painting ideas. The original gray plastic parts are going to be painted glossy black. The side panel bar is going and all grills will be painted red. The one thing I need to ask an opinion on is the pci slot covers: red or flat black? I got the side panel with the window, too. I'll keep the stock brushed black aluminum on those.

Hopefully I can give an pic update soon. I have all my parts now for WC and to finish everything that I'm planning on right now. Still haven't had time to finish paint and still need to find some screws/rivots to put the sidepanel bar back on. I want to buy some more leds to enhance the theme a bit. I can easily buy some from performance-pcs and get them in 2 days if I want to.

Small Update:
Been painting today and these aren't all that's done, just a few shots of the red painting. I will have more later on.

DSC00327.jpg

DSC00330.jpg

DSC00333.jpg

DSC00335.jpg

Looks awsome! Exactly like what i want to do with my CM HAF 932 case, spray the majority of it black with some blood red details! Sick!

Case is finished, I think. Needs some cleaning, so ignore the finger prints.

DSC00368.jpg

DSC00366.jpg

DSC00365.jpg

DSC00363.jpg

I also have the clear acrylic panel to add when I'm not needing the extra fan.
DSC00361.jpg

I did paint the latching bars too. They were a PAIN to put back on.
DSC00369.jpg

Tell me what you think, I'm very happy with it so far.

that looks superb! can you outline your painting process? (priming, sanding, color, clear coat, etc) im also interested if theres anything you would do differently to maybe avoid fingerprints or get a better finish than you got. looks great though, you did a fantastic job painting. :)

That's the most fitting name for a mod project in a while :D Looks great!

that looks superb! can you outline your painting process? (priming, sanding, color, clear coat, etc) im also interested if theres anything you would do differently to maybe avoid fingerprints or get a better finish than you got. looks great though, you did a fantastic job painting. :)

To be honest with you the paint job isn't great. The only thing I did painting was use Krylon Fusion for Plastic spray paint. No sanding, clear coat, anything. Just paint. I wish I could have gotten it done better but tbh, it looks great for just 4 coats of spray paint. I'll get a paint marker later and touch up the scratches it got putting it back together.

I have the build done as far as everything without wire sleeving. I'll post pics as soon as I can get a hold of the camera again. I need to buy a few more UV lights and leds to get it abit brighter but I'm going on vacation and I'm just happy having it done.

OCed my i7 to 4 Ghz easily. Temps are 60-62C on the cores at load and 36C Idle. I'll try OCing more when I have more time.

Not a fan of that shade red. I think dark blood red is the only red that should be on a case but thats just me.

Here are some pics of what I have now.

IMG_0001.jpg

IMG_0002.jpg

IMG_0003-1.jpg

IMG_0004-1.jpg

IMG_0005-1.jpg

IMG_0006-1.jpg

IMG_0007-1.jpg

IMG_0008-1.jpg

Done for now. Do you guys know if murdermod will have their sleeving kits back in stock soon? I'm waiting patiently for them :). I'm going to be doing allot of custom wiring when I get the kit.

Do you guys know if murdermod will have their sleeving kits back in stock soon? I'm waiting patiently for them :). I'm going to be doing allot of custom wiring when I get the kit.

Dude, this is a fantastic build! I'm also waiting for the murderMod packs to get in. I went on their site and entered my email to notify when they're back in stock.

Looking forward to seeing some sleeving pr0n when you get it done.

Dude, this is a fantastic build! I'm also waiting for the murderMod packs to get in. I went on their site and entered my email to notify when they're back in stock.

Looking forward to seeing some sleeving pr0n when you get it done.

Thanks man, hope to see your's done too.

I love the EVGA Classified motherboard! This is a really nice build. I have to admit that the two top handles look like devilish horns at first glance on certain angles, lol.

Very nice work, love the theme, and the red and black tie in with everything, nice planning!

Woah.... that White YJ in the earlier pics yours? Looks lifted... whats the specs?

It's not mine, I can't drive because I have bad vision but its an 89 Wrangler, I think it's lifted 3". Not sure really, we bought it like that. It's a 4 cylinder. Mom uses it to ride around town. She's been driving the 06 Mustang GT lately because the water pump broke apart.

You know whats bad about this build, I built it to last me the last few years of college. Well, I'm not feeling comfortable taking it up to GT. So I bought a 13" MBP. So this thing is just gonna sit here at home while I'm away. I guess I will find out later if I can take it but right now, ugh...

It's not mine, I can't drive because I have bad vision but its an 89 Wrangler, I think it's lifted 3". Not sure really, we bought it like that. It's a 4 cylinder. Mom uses it to ride around town. She's been driving the 06 Mustang GT lately because the water pump broke apart.

You know whats bad about this build, I built it to last me the last few years of college. Well, I'm not feeling comfortable taking it up to GT. So I bought a 13" MBP. So this thing is just gonna sit here at home while I'm away. I guess I will find out later if I can take it but right now, ugh...

Eww... 4cyl, my step mom and dad both have 4cyl Jeeps. The 5spds do ok but, the autos are terrible (theirs are newer TJs).

Anyway, I start college this month, luckily its only about a 20 minute drive for me and I don't have to live on campus (yay!). I have been thinkin about buildin a new desktop and hoping it lasts till I'm out of college. Problem is though I've only got about a grand to work with.

I have been thinkin about buildin a new desktop and hoping it lasts till I'm out of college. Problem is though I've only got about a grand to work with.

can you make it $1500? you can get a lot of computer these days for $1500. its only $500 more... :) buy used off the forums when you can, reuse when you can, and dont waste money on a nice case. just mod a crappy one if you need to.

and you should def take the computer to school if possible chris. are you worried about it getting stolen? it would be a real shame if it just sits there for years. i could babysit it if you want... :D

Back