• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Project: Red and Black TJ07

KnishofDeath

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Aug 27, 2004
Messages
1,090
Parts list:

i7 930
EVGA E760 Classified
XFX 5870 Crossfire
CORSAIR DOMINATOR 1600MHZ
CORSAIR 850HX with MDPC-X sleeving
2x OCZ Agility 60gb SSD in RAID0
2x 1tb WD Green RAID0
Custom Powder Coated TJ07
EK-Supreme HF
2x EK-FC5870 V2 Acetal
Tygon B-44-4X 1/2" ID (3/4" OD) - "Non-Porous" Smooth Tubing
Primoflex Nylon Reusable Hose Clamp - Black - 3/4" OD
Yate Loon 120mm x 20mm Slim Fan - Low Speed (D12SL-12C)
EK-MultiOption 4 Port RES 150 Rev. 2 Liquid Cooling Reservoir
XSPC RX120 120mm Radiator
XSPC RX480 Quad 120mm Radiator
MCP655 12 VDC Pump

This will be a single loop. Still working out the order.

Time line on this build: 3-4 weeks.

Early teaser pics coming very soon.............
 
Last edited:
Got some work done on the PSU today.

Sleeving is on its way from MDPC-X....

I can't wait!

mg5767.jpg

mg5765.jpg
 
Update: Looks like Silverstone is going to send me another mobo tray without a big hole in it, the new one makes mounting a res almost impossible.

Also planning on getting an iandh 175mm reservoir instead of the EK. Just gotta wait for Sidewinder or Petra's to get them in stock.

XFX 5870's are on order from Amazon, but they are out of stock so who knows how long I will have to wait.
 
Figured out my hard drive mounting today and sleeved my sata cables.

This is all test fitting of course, everything will be removed for powder coating once I have fit and tested all the parts.

I will either have to paint these screws and spacers black or find replacements, but for now I just wanted to see how it fit.

I drilled and tapped holes in the hard drive cage so they would line up with the holes on the 5.25" bays. This was my first time tapping a hole and it went extremely well!

mg5900.jpg

mg5899.jpg

mg5887.jpg

mg5875.jpg
 
GASP:-/

Just spent $2000 for the rest of the parts for this build.

Ouch.

here is what I ordered

1 x Swiftech MCP655™ Series 12 VDC Water Pumps
- Water Pump: Without speed controller (part # MCP655-B) $69.95
3 x Bitspower G 1/4" Black Sparkle 90 Degree IG 1/4" Adapter $23.85
12 x Reuseable Clamps - For 1/2" Tubing (3/4" O.D.) - Black $11.88
1 x XSPC RX480 Extreme Performance Radiator
- Nozzles: No Nozzles $124.95
1 x XSPC RX120 Extreme Performance Radiator
- Nozzles: No Nozzles $49.95
12 x Bitspower Premium PLUS Silver Diamond Series G1/4" High Flow 1/2" Fitting $35.88
15 x Tygon 3603 1/2" ID (3/4" OD) Clear Tubing $52.35
1 x *** HOT *** EK-Supreme HF High Flow - #1 CPU Water Block - FULL COPPER - NICKEL
- Fitting Size: 1/2" Barb for 1/2" ID tube $89.95
1 x *** NEW *** Bitspower BP-CLTAC-S2 Crystal Link Tube Set For 2-Slots
- Multi-Link Adapter Set: Add Pair BP-WTP-C48 G1/4" Silver Shining Multi-Link Mini $12.45
1 x EK-D5 X-TOP Version 2
- Fitting Size: No Fittings $39.95
2 x EK FC-5870 Radeon HD 5870 ATI Reference PCB Design - Acetal
- Optional SLI Fitting: Add Fitting
- Fitting Size: 1/2" Barb for 1/2" ID tube $217.88
5 x Yate Loon 120mm Medium Speed Silent Case Fan - D12SM-12 - Sleeved
- Cable: Convert to 3-Pin only (Cut off extra connectors) - Sleeved
- Sleeve Color: Black
- Heatshrink Color: Black $34.75
1 x *** HOT *** Fluid XP+ Nano-Fluid Liquid Cooling Fluid 32 oz. - Blood Red
1 x E760 EVGA X-58 Classified
2x HD587AZNF9 XFX 5870 (found somewhere with these in stock supposedly)


Oh boy, might of over done this one!

Talked to Silverstone today too, my motherboard tray should ship out today or tomorrow.

Still need a reservoir and then I should have everything.

iandh are you listening!?

I sent them an email directly and never heard back.

I will give it a week, if I hear nothing I will just order the EK advanced multioption.

But that iandh res is OH SO NICE.
 
Painted the heatsink fins on the dominator ram tonight. Came out pretty good I think.


Before
mg5905.jpg


After:
mg5921.jpg
 
Last edited:
OP, outstanding looking build so far. High quality

Nice looking build. I love the look of sleeved PSU cables, but wasn't patient enough and just ended up using a black vinyl dye on all the cables. In the end I was pretty happy with the results, as they were all black but it didn't take up any additional space.

http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1034698522&postcount=17

Looking forward to seeing the finished product. Good luck.

I like the idea of less bulk. I run my cables as hidden as possible so if I could reduce bulk and make them easier to hide, I am all for it. I might try this on one of my older PSUs.
 
OP, outstanding looking build so far. High quality



I like the idea of less bulk. I run my cables as hidden as possible so if I could reduce bulk and make them easier to hide, I am all for it. I might try this on one of my older PSUs.

Thanx I really appreciate it. I am trying not to compromise on anything, unfortunately that goal has cost me a lot of $$$ :p
 
So after considering it for a while I could not stomach the idea of dropping $275 for a new midplate. So I went a little bit different route. Something I could handle on my own with no problems.

Anyway here is a teaser pic.

mg6664.jpg


any advice on sleeving the card reader cables? Not sure the right size to pick. One is HD audio, two 1394, and 2 USB all internal cables.

Anyway hope you enjoy!
 
So I finally got a hold of Ian at IandH, I was able to order a res directly from him and it is supposed to ship this week! :)

mg6675.jpg


and one more shot from today just for good measure :)

mg6685.jpg
 
ITS ALIVE.

Still A LOT of work to do. But it is up and running! Woohoo!

Had a bit of a crisis today with a fitting leaking on the rad. But all seems to be well now.

Here is a quick phone pic. Much better pictures will be on the way once all the kinks are ironed out.

img20100903124643.jpg
 
I would also like more pics, like a shot behind the mobo tray and of the PSU .
 
Awesome sauce! Thanks, it's nice that the cable management is just as nice for the parts you can't see as for the parts you can, it's a pet peeve of mine, and I think you did a great job!
 
mmm. love red and black, and love big desks. also tj07s, lycosas, and eyefinity setups. :) i would suggest putting one of those LED plugs in the bottom of your reservoir to make the red coolant in it glow a bit. i think it would look great.
 
Back
Top