project poseidon (briefcase mod)

funpak

Limp Gawd
story
my original idea was to mod a nice husky briefcase (can be sold at home depot for $20.) it is going to be a music server, to display music videos on tv or projector or to play songs on a nice set of speakers.

parts
biostar tforce 6100-939
3200+ venice with arctic freezer 64 pro

corsair xms 1gig
wd 160gb sata
sony ddu1621 dvd drive

asus en6600gt 128mb
antec 400w psu

log #1
that husky briefcase is really nice but it comes with foam inside so i had to have it removed and sanded it. then i measured on the side panel so that i could cut it to install plexiglass on it. i cut and sanded it. i saved it for later and focused on modding psu.

oh snap, i screwed the socket as i soldered to remove all wires. i also cut the other side of psu case so that i can have room in the briefcase.

that's all i have for now and i need to go to radio shack to buy socket and switch to resume modding. i hope to have psu done today so that i can continue working on briefcase.

log #2
i went to radio shack with hopeful of having power sockets in stock. boy, two radio shack locations do not carry them. i should have checked it online beforehand, d'oh. anyways, i went to buy a cheap switch. i stopped by taco bell for a dinner. yummy. as we reached sunset, i decided not to mod but drew some measurements just to be prepared for tomorrow's cutting.

i marked black lines on the back of psu so that the rest of them will be cut out except the two holes on the bottom for the fan. as well as holes on both briefcase and plexiglass.

geez, i posted my project log in the wrong forum, can someone move this to worklogs please?

Back