Project Orion

PolygonGTC

[H]ard|Gawd
I thought I would post a worklog of my main computer. It has been more of an evolution over the years as one or more parts have traveled to the next build and then upgraded later.

It started off as an 800MHz dual P3 system in an InWin Q500 case. When I built it the only modding I had ever done was changing out the LEDs. It didn't have a window so I wasn't concerned with case management. However, changing out the LEDs just made it worse. It usually starts out small. Soon I was sick of the beige case and I thought, hell, lets cut out the side and add a window. Then I got looking at the inside and thought, well, we can't have that now can we?

WiresBefore.jpg

WiresAfter.jpg

Front.jpg

LEDs.jpg

Side.jpg

Then I decided I was mad at Intel for dumping SMP in the mainstream processors and went with an AMD out of spite. I went to an XP 3200+ Barton in an Antec Alienware 1st gen rip off case. Wires looked about the same inside as the InWin. About the best I could do at the time.

Desktop.jpg

SideDark.jpg

SideLight.jpg

Then a friend of mine sold me the case I'm using now, a Thermaltake Armor 8000. It started off with an AMD X2 processor when they first came out, then it went finally stopped being mad an Intel, mainly because they were faster, and got a Q6600 Quad Core, and now I'm running it with an i7 860 and the current specs are in my sig. On the way is a AeroCool fan controller, another HDD, some quieter fans, the MDPC-X sleeve kit plus some other goodies, and in April (when it comes out) a new case from Lian Li. I love this case, I just need something with better cable management options. As soon as it all gets here I'll be getting some more pics. I'm also in the market for an external HDD enclosure that does JBoD for my backup drives.

Orion%201.jpg

Inside%20Lit%20Up.jpg

Orion%202.jpg

Wires with the X2:

Wires%20Before%201.jpg

Wires with the Q6600:

Wires%20After%201.jpg

Wires%20After%202.jpg

Wires currently, what a mess:

Wires.jpg

I'll get some new pics with the all the new goodies as soon as they show up.

Back