Project Origin now F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin

F.E.A.R.

[H]ard|Gawd
Check out the announcement below.

Monolith Productions Inc. and WB Games Inc. are pleased to announce that we have purchased the F.E.A.R. name from Activision/Blizzard. Monolith Productions, the creators of F.E.A.R., have been developing the true sequel to F.E.A.R. over the last two years under the community selected title, “Project Origin.” With the name being returned home, the game will now be titled F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin.

You can also visit the new website at www.projectorigincommunity.com

I'm confused.

Basically monolith produced F.E.A.R, and vivindi or w/e the company was called before It was conglomerated, published it, and I guess they were gay enough to put a clause saying they owned the rights to the name. Well monolith produced fear 1, it was good, then they turned to make project origin (fear 2) but vivindi got gay, and got a different game maker (time gate studios I believe) to make 2 lame sequels.

Basically they had to buy back the rights to the name of their own game.

Whatever it's called, it was supposed to be released this fall, but was pushed back to early 2009.

The demos and previews so far have looked very nice.

FEAR ExtractionPoint wasn't all that bad. The most recent was dull and unimaginative.

Whatever it's called, it was supposed to be released this fall, but was pushed back to early 2009.

The demos and previews so far have looked very nice.

FEAR ExtractionPoint wasn't all that bad. The most recent was dull and unimaginative.

WHAT!! its delayed now? I thought it was alock for oct 1st.

Nice the power armor kicks ass! reminiscent of Shogo.

Awesome. I loved FEAR, and the only thing that could've possibly made me like it more was mecha. I'm really anticipating this game.

So why does the rename have to effect the game itself, Change up some of the menu backgrounds, probably the loading screens as well, new boxes, the game is already made I would asume since last week the launch date was oct 1st. Why cant we have this game in November?

So why does the rename have to effect the game itself, Change up some of the menu backgrounds, probably the loading screens as well, new boxes, the game is already made I would asume since last week the launch date was oct 1st. Why cant we have this game in November?

Although they haven't given an official reason afaik, I think it's safe to say the market for new releases is way overcrowded this fall and they probably don't want to lose sales because other games overshadow their release. If I were a dev that's what I would do.

Are the expansions worth playing for the story or did they not add anything to the story?

Are the expansions worth playing for the story or did they not add anything to the story?
The first expansion was very good but the second one didn't really follow the story. I liked them both. but the first one is definitely better.

The expansions are not cannon. Ignore them all. Project Origin will pick up the story line 30 minutes before the nuke explosion at the end of F.E.A.R.

I recently saw the FEAR Platinum Edition at Best Buy for 20 bucks. That includes the original plus both expansions.

I remember playing through the first one and thought it was decent. I might have to go back and see if they have it still. I wouldn't might checking how the game holds up now.

I recently saw the FEAR Platinum Edition at Best Buy for 20 bucks. That includes the original plus both expansions.

I remember playing through the first one and thought it was decent. I might have to go back and see if they have it still. I wouldn't might checking how the game holds up now.

Funny...I played the demo back when FEAR released and thought it was sweet but never got around to buying it. I looked around on eBay like I've been doing recently and it was ~$20 with shipping then noticed it at Best Buy for $20. Gonna install it tomorrow after work and give it a shot.

Got Doom 3 + D3:RE on Steam for $15 too...bah so much gaming to do.

I really want to play the first F.E.A.R. but it stupid incompatibility with logitech g15/5 combo makes me soo annoyed. Severe drops in fps ensue :(

I really want to play the first F.E.A.R. but it stupid incompatibility with logitech g15/5 combo makes me soo annoyed. Severe drops in fps ensue :(

uhh. I played fear fine on my G15 and G5 when I had them. I've never heard of a G15 causing fps drops in a game. You should look into that because it's an incredible game and if you have to plug in a cheapo $10 keyboard from wal-mart so be it it's worth the $30 it was cost to buy a cheapo keyboard and Fear Plat.

You know, it pisses me off that they would have to buy back the rights to the name of the game THEY created from a freakin publisher. How does this happen to a AAA developer?

Damn it! Delayed until next year ? That sucks...I so wanted to play more FEAR and what I've seen of Project Origin was very good. Don't really care what they call it, I just want to play it :)

As for the FEAR expansions, I only played Extraction Point and you can forget about it. It didn't really do anything for the story, even though it picks up from the end of the original game.

Still I was so glad to get more FEAR gaming, with Extraction Point, that I made a video of it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=038KUkAIieg

OMG! The poll suggests an Atari 2600 version will be released too!

But seriously though, the screenshot of "Penthouse Action" some pretty cool blood splatter!

Back