Project Offset...

merlin704

The Great Procrastinator
I am sitting around today and got to thinking about this game. So I went to their website to look for some new info and nothing has been released since Feb. this year. Do any of you have any new/recent news on this game or is it going to end up like DNF?

I really hope it is released as it looks to have alot of potential but then again...so did Far Cry 2 and Spore...

It is Intel man, I think things will be different. The guys who were developing it really knew their shit. I am thinking that the game will be set to release around the same time as Intel's GPU, guessing that it will show it off and take advantage of some of the exclusive features.

It is Intel man, I think things will be different. The guys who were developing it really knew their shit. I am thinking that the game will be set to release around the same time as Intel's GPU, guessing that it will show it off and take advantage of some of the exclusive features.

Hmmm I'm not sure I have confidence in Intel's upcoming GPU considering their previous/current offerings. I guess what I am saying is I don't see it competing in the high-end market...though I have been wrong before.

Hmmm I'm not sure I have confidence in Intel's upcoming GPU considering their previous/current offerings. I guess what I am saying is I don't see it competing in the high-end market...though I have been wrong before.

Watching the older Offset videos now still make my jaw drop; those were made in 2004. Four years later they look impressive, why do you think Intel acquired them? They saw talent, they saw potential and they saw opportunity. Now, if their GPU's are good, I can see Project Offset being really good to say the least.

Game looks fantastic, ive been watching it for 3 years now, I hope that Intel doesnt just use it for a tech demo.

I'm afraid that Project Offset got sucked into the Larrabee black hole.

Same here. I don't think we'll see this till there is a consumer Larrabee(2) based GPU released. That means don't expect this until next year at the earliest.

Agreed this thing sadly became vaporware when Intel scrapped Larabee. God forbid they would work together with Nvidia and Amd to get the game running well on modern gpu's, would hurt their pride too much. Fuckwits. :rolleyes:

Same here. I don't think we'll see this till there is a consumer Larrabee(2) based GPU released. That means don't expect this until next year at the earliest.

Agreed this thing sadly became vaporware when Intel scrapped Larabee. God forbid they would work together with Nvidia and Amd to get the game running well on modern gpu's, would hurt their pride too much. Fuckwits. :rolleyes:
Yeah well with this "big Nvidia announcement" coming out, everyone seems to think it has to do with Intel. Intel dropped their hardware development but now have a piece of software that is designed to be used to develop for Nvidia's new type of GPU. Come on, put the pieces together here. I'm really starting to buy into the idea that Nvidia and Intel are announcing some sort of purchase/partnership.

Yeah well with this "big Nvidia announcement" coming out, everyone seems to think it has to do with Intel. Intel dropped their hardware development but now have a piece of software that is designed to be used to develop for Nvidia's new type of GPU. Come on, put the pieces together here. I'm really starting to buy into the idea that Nvidia and Intel are announcing some sort of purchase/partnership.

Not everyone believes that, just random forum dwellers. If there really was going to be some kind of major "partnership" we would have heard a lot more information well before any press conference was called. There is no way this would have been kept this quiet. Just look at how many rumors about AMD buying ATI were out weeks/months before that happened.

Holy thread resurrection Batman!

Anyways, I am still hoping this game sees light of day.

Back