• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

PROJECT: *No Name yet* :- Planning stages

crazybee

Weaksauce
Joined
Mar 24, 2005
Messages
120
Finally stripped my old P2 system and had a good look at the case. I can see alot of things happening to it but it will take me a good long while before its finally finished if ever. So I'm in the planning stages at the moment. btw I'm brand new to W/C so I dunno exactly what types of blocks I want just yet but I know the ones I have seen about the place and will be changing as needed

Plan:
Watercooled system:
Reservoir: Aquatube (Aquajet & AquaLED) :hip:
Radiator: 240 sized with 2 x 120mm fans
CPU WaterBlock: Danger Den (plexi looking blocks with LED mods)

Paint case frame and panels :thumb:

The Victim:
hivefrontpanel.jpg

as you can see plently of room for the W/C 240 Radiator up front

hivewindowpanel.jpg

side panel will be recut, this was my first ever cut with the dremel :duh: , wish i didnt now as I know enough now to do a design cut, may see if I can make a blank panel later on if not etching on plexi instead

hivesidenopanel.jpg


hiveradplace.jpg

perfect place for the dual rad there see

hiveradplace02.jpg

good place for the Aquatube there up top :hip:

hiveframe.jpg

completely stripped, only the frame, definate paint job on that

hiveframe02.jpg


hivemobotray02.jpg

afew cuts on mobo tray for wire management and waterblocks
 
Looking good so far. Nice roomy case. I'll check up on this one...
 
Just ordered up my Aquacomputer Evo 240 Radiator & a couple of clear fans for the thing. Maybe over the week end I will see about doing some undercoat on the case frame. Still havent decided what colour its all gonna be yet, still playing about in lightwave with my model with colours ect

What about WHITE? inside and out side white white white? White ccf's, White led's?
 
Have you seen the Aqua Computer Cuplex XT? I am modding mine to include an LED. Decided to mill a hole through the 45* surface of the nozzle plate so it will only light up the blue plexi top and not the surrounding area of the MB. Looks like a good start and you will love the night life with the Aquatube. :D
 
test fitted the rad and fans this evening. Looks good from what I can see, just have to work out what I'm going to cut out from the case frame though. I may end up cutting most of it out and making a metal plate to be screwed into the frame and then the rad & fan combo screwed into that metal plate

rad_fan_test_004.jpg


rad_fan_test_001.jpg
its slightly bigger than I thought it was so I'll have to adjust my 3D model to suit but it will fit, just have to work out the mounting of it thats all.

Been re doing some of my painting on current case as a test for better paint work. 3rd coat is drying now, in a couple of days I will try clear coating the sucker
 
Did some work today after I came in from work, was abit stressed :wallbash: so what does a modder do to de-stress? some jigsaw fun :D
This is what I started with...
hiveradplace.jpg
and this is what I ended up with after about 1hr jigsaw action... :dremel: :dremel:
frontcut002.jpg
Have to say I'm LOVING the jigsaw now :rock: , first time I've used it after reading up on other modders using it and getting good cuts compared to the dremel

I have to admit though the metal this frame is made from is pretty soft and when I was cutting the frame was bending in abit too, :waah: had to bend it all straight again afterwards. Glad I dont have to do that again :thumb:

and here is a little eye candy with the 240 rad in the place I'm gonna put it...
frontcut005.jpg


frontcut004.jpg
Need to get some longer M3 screws so I can put the fans on the rad. Gotta find someplace that does sheet alu so I can make a mount for the rad and fans to attach too with in the frame. I left enough metal so I can screw in a alu sheet at the top and bottom so it will be soild. :thumb:

Did a couple of layers of paint on my side panel for my current system, trying out painting techiques to see if I can get that mirror smooth finish I'm really after. I think I'll do another coat tomorrow on that (4th coat of black) and then leave that for awhile and then fine sand it and then put my first coat of clear on. :clap:

:idea:
oh I had an idea for a name for this too today, well 2 names actually.
1: Jet Black
2: Black Omega (Babylon 5 referrance, Black Omega Psi Starfury Squadon) :D *I'm a big Babylon 5 fan, Hell current system is called "Kosh" and laptop called "Ulkesh" :D
 
abit of photoshop action here as to what my plan is for the front intake with the fans and rad in place with some bondo work.

intakegraphic02.jpg
got the idea from Defyant's HPResurrection 3 MEGA bondo work as soon as I figured out I wanted to do water cooling in this one. reading up on his work logs to see how he did the bondo (P38 to us in the UK) I hope you dont mind Defyant me duping your front intake bondo work, I dont think I'll get it as good as you but I'm willing to give it a go
 
Back
Top