Project: MURD3R

Not sure if this was mentioned but what if you gutted out a fan and put it inbetween the case fan and the rad? Would the rad hit the vid card after that with the tubes up top?

Not sure if this was mentioned but what if you gutted out a fan and put it inbetween the case fan and the rad? Would the rad hit the vid card after that with the tubes up top?

I'm looking at some other options even just going to a Ultra 120 REV C. I have been working on my under desk wiring and home wiring as well as my norco server so time on this has been absent. I might get a little time this Friday, but it's valentines day weekend and were going away :p

The rad will work fine up top, no clearence issues, I just need to cut a hole. I have pondered getting the top cut for the Koolance from a local water jet cutter. I can temporarily mount the H50 radiator there untill I can afford the rest. I may try getting it to the front intake with that idea, but I have a feeling the radiator may still stick out enough so the side won't close and if I fit it the other way, I'll have to remove my 3.5" bay and make a whole new drive cage. I was going to do this anyways, with modders mesh at some point, but kinda wanted to keep that for my SSD drives though.

P.S. I did order some modding parts from performance-pc's this weekend to start on my cables in then orco and here.

Last edited:
mount the rad tp the case pipes at the top then mount the fan to the rad that should give you the clerence

Any update on this project? A friend of mine was looking to put a classified in an a05 and I remembered this build.

Some progress!!! My H50 will be for sale. Make Offers.

The Venomous-X now comes in black

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/1...ystem_-_Socket_LGA_775_1156_1366_AM2_AM3.html

4x
http://www.frozencpu.com/products/9...er_Silent_Fan_-_Red_LED_-_R4-L2R-20CR-GP.html

1x
http://www.frozencpu.com/products/1...16mm_-_Black_Housing_-_Ring_Illumination.html

I will be able to close my case and get the cable wrapping commenced as soon as I get my Matrix Orbital VFD and smoked window. I forgot LED Strips too.
LCD2041-R-150.jpg

Gonna double check and order this when I get home from work.

1 - 5ft Channel Molding - Small Channel Molding - Small

1 - A.C. Ryan AcrylPanel™ 3mm - Smoke

1 - Scythe "SLOT RAFTER" 2.5"-Drives (HDD/SSD) Mounter

1 - Custom Speaker Grill - 1/16'' Dia. Staggered

1 - Lian Li Premium Case Feet - SD-01B (4/pkg)

1 - Delrin Vandal Resistant Illuminated Switch Black - 22mm Red Ring

Various LED's and strips I need to measure for first.

I hope to have progress pictures soon.

Made some head way today.

-Dissasembled the case.

-Removed the corsair H50

-Installed Venomous-X Black with 2 Cooler master 120MM fans and Coollaboratory Ultra.
Tight squeeze, I had to rebend/redesign the wire fan mounts to get it to fit in a section.

-Cut 120MM hole in the bottom of the case for the power supply to breath better.

-Opened up the hole so the Bulgin vandal switch will make it onto the front panel.

Pics to follow.

Back