Project: Mondrian

Neat start. It reminds me of a PS2.

That's just what I was going to say. Looks like a PS2, Neat though, keep up the good work.

OP, What type of finish are you going to apply to the wood?

Just want to say how awesome this is lol, loving it!

Slippery skip, I love seeing your builds! I'll admit, I am a bit jealous. :D

EDIT: I think you should paint the I/O panel, it isn't bad silver, but I think it would look better black (maybe with silver/white symbols?).

great build man, thats awesome

perhaps i missed something, but is that the PSU on the bottom? Got a link to that? I could use something like that lol

great build man, thats awesome

perhaps i missed something, but is that the PSU on the bottom? Got a link to that? I could use something like that lol
Thanks! See JoeUser's link below.

Pico Power Supply:

http://www.mini-box.com/s.nl/it.A/id.417/.f

Comes in many different power ratings.

ALSO! Great build OP! Truly the first ORIGINAL build I've seen in a while!
Thanks Joe! That is the exact model I'm using in this project. I've known the owner of the company for 8 years and was a beta tester for the original Pico PSU. Amazing product.

Before the haters show up they should google Mondrian and at least realize that this wasn't some twisted thing I came up with. The most famous Mondrian design was the Partridge Family bus from the early 70s TV show. A Mondrian-inspired dress by Yves St. Laurent hangs in the Met in NYC.

All this came from an idea on how to hide or diminish the exposed CPU heatsink. I guess it got out of control. :)

Just curious, what CPU/ram do you have in there right now? Any way you could do a kill-a-watt reading at the wall to estimate power draw?

I've got a similar build (well, similar in it's the same size board, thats about it lol) that I'm going to try to do with the 160 watt version of that PSU (thanks again for the link, saves me a HUGE headache lol) and I'd like to know where you stand with power draw to know if I have enough headroom to use the GPU I was planning on as well

http://www.amazon.com/Mini-Box-pico...E6B8/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1337618871&sr=8-2

I'd go amazong because the main site is out of stock and I have a surplus of amazon credit I need to burn up

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I figured as much, i'm using a 2125 so we should be the same on power draw, and 4GB ram

I was just wondering if I had the head room to throw in a GPU, which I figure I will. 64 Watt card (max I think) with a 65 watt TDP CPU should leave plenty of headroom

Thanks man

Wow, really neat build! I may have to try something similar sometimes. :D

Wow, some critical douche bags there lol

Also, good advice on the PSU, I did some power draw tests on a similar rig in my thread, y'all can see results in the NES thread, but you'd be hard pressed to pull over 100 from the wall

Great case and + 1 for the PSU recommendation, anyone looking to do an i3 itx build can use the PSU's (120 or 150) that you suggested

Wow, some critical douche bags there lol

Also, good advice on the PSU, I did some power draw tests on a similar rig in my thread, y'all can see results in the NES thread, but you'd be hard pressed to pull over 100 from the wall

Great case and + 1 for the PSU recommendation, anyone looking to do an i3 itx build can use the PSU's (120 or 150) that you suggested

The Boing Boing commentary is usually from much higher quality douchebags. I'm having fun with it though. I would almost guarantee that the PicoPSU 120 will drive any GPU that don't use add'l power connectors. It would be fun to see how high up the Ivy Bridge CPU ladder you can go before it sputters. :)

awesome work!

reminds me of old BASF cassettes

c43rggax56712rlfa.jpg

awesome work!

reminds me of old BASF cassettes

Cool! That is definitely Mondrian. Actually, if you tone down the primary colors you can see the Mondrian influence in Microsoft's new Metro UI. Also, take a look at the header on the website TheVerge. More seems to be popping up everyday. Could this be some sort of trend?

Back