• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Project: MNU by Kylevdm

I have not had much time this due to being at work... it is not that bad though, the pay checks are paying for MNU to be put in the fast lane :)

112.jpg


Due to the addition of the 1.5mm aluminium plate below the door I have to move the hinges up a little bit in order to allow the door to open properly. The hinges are screwed onto these little plastic things. So I broke out a craft knife and some sandpaper and removed enough material for it to open most of the way. It is not quite there yet so the door is staying shut for now, will hopefully be able to spend enough time on it to get it to open properly without nicking the paint.

113.jpg


114.jpg


115.jpg


There is still one more layer of paint to go on before a coat of clear. and will need to put a few layers on the back of the panel to make sure there is NO black still visible!

116.jpg


I have of course not forgotten all my sponsors of this project!

Thanks Fractal Design, NZXT, MNPCTECH and TM3!!!
 
Hello there folks!

I am back again with another days work.

Earlier in the week I helped my dad out with running a few cables across the living room for surround sound and Sky, in trunking. After there was a few meters spare and I thought it would be perfect for the reinforcing on the window. So while it was still sunny outside I camped out there and chopped out the appropriate bits of trunking with some nice 45º angles.

117.jpg


I will need to do a fair bit of touching up with filler to get this bit perfect but looks pretty cool already :) The concept has bars going over the window as well as mesh. A piece of 6mm doweling is perfect for the bars. 3 bars will do the job? I think so.

118.jpg


After having a bit of fun drilling into the trunking we have this. Pretty happy with it actually!

126.jpg


124.jpg


Next up is the panel for the radiator to be attached too, has now been riveted on - yes I know they are not perfect... and primed along with MNPCTechs billet case feet and fan grill and the first coat of white primer on the motherboard side panel.

119.jpg


120.jpg


121.jpg


122.jpg


125.jpg


Finally inorder to make the case feet fit.. I needed to take a little bit out of the holder for the PSU dust filter.
123.jpg


Until next time... Mod on :)

 
Update time!

I have no idea what I have been up to this weekend... but I have unfortunately not manage to get much done. But it is all moving forward right?

I decided for this weeks task to work on the front panel, trying to stick to the original plan I am going to make the front window protection screen. The concept drawing has steel strips going across the windscreen so I decided to do that on the front panel too :) I have made good use of the spare trunking lying about the house!

127.jpg

All the bits I need...

128.jpg

The glued up external frame drying.

129.jpg

A quick coat of paint, and as always it shows up all the imperfections... I will get that sorted out tomorrow!

130.jpg

While watching paint dry I decided to paint up another panel the panels are now almost all white!

131.jpg

132.jpg

But overlooking the primer fuzz and some other random marks this is what it will roughly look like on the panel. However, I will be adding some modders mesh to break up the white :)

Until next time... Mod on :)

 
I now have something that looks like a case again!!!!

142.jpg

Painting the black bits... watch this space

Now I have some black 3mm pop rivets, all the bits and pieces of the chassis are painted.
137.jpg

After using a TON of dome head rivets, countersunk rivets... we have this! Yes the whites are not quite exact but the grill and front panel still need to be cleared...

138.jpg


139.jpg


140.jpg


141.jpg



Once again, thanks to Fractal, MNPCTECH, NZXT, TM3 :)
 
Update time! I had some fun fun today with copper pipe, filler, a mouse sander, fiberglass spacers, primer, and paint.

143.jpg


In the middle of the copper pipe is a wooden dowel, which will have a screw going into it from the case, this is simply held in place by the wonderful thing called body filler - mud, bondo, or what ever you want to call it!

144.jpg


After 30 minutes with my favourite toy the mouse sander I have 2 shiny ready to be painted copper pipes.

145.jpg

146.jpg

147.jpg


Now I have had some fun with primer and black paint we have the roll bars on MNU, I decided to assemble the case as it stands at the moment... the sidepanels need a few more coats and clear as do the front panel and grill and of course having to add the stuff to the front panel and window!

Until next time... Mod on :)

 
lookin good dude :cool:

Thanks Bill!

EK_OC3D.png


I have some awesome news! EK Waterblocks have been kind enough to sponsor this project!!! The package is on its way from Slovenia now, so some pretty pictures to follow.

The project has also made its away 1000km to my flat in Glasgow from the parents house in Brussels - thanks dad!

So here is the project as it stands.

151.jpg


152.jpg


153.jpg


154.jpg


155.jpg


156.jpg


157.jpg


Thanks for watching! This mod will hopefully see the end soon :p
 
Niice! You should upload those photos to Fractal's Fan Page. Josh mentioned that he wants to see more cool projects like this, uploaded as photos there :cool:
 
Hey all,

I have finally escaped for uni work long enough to get some pictures for you :)

My kit from Enermax has arrived, well my next door neighbour took care of it without telling me about it!

162.jpg


A Platimax 850, and 9 T.B. Vegas fans

163.jpg


164.jpg


165.jpg


166.jpg


I have started the sleeving process as well, although my heat gun is bust so waiting for a new one! I will have another update this weekend! Promise!
 
Back
Top