Project Management Software

AchTuNG!

Gawd
Might be starting with a new company in coming weeks. The IT team is the same size as my current team, yet the company has 4 times the staff. Most of the work is subcontracted, and there's projects-a-plenty.

I currently run an online project management thingy that I wrote a year or so ago, but I don't think it will be robust enough.

For this, I think I want something local. I want to be able to add new projects, people involved, contact info, updates, communications logs etc. Maybe integrate into outlook somehow so i can sync calendar items with my phone. I think MS project can do most of this, but I would love something free so I can stuff around with it in the coming weeks before the big move.

Any suggestions?

You can usually download a trial of the Office products that you could mess around with. We use MS Project for our PM stuff, and it ties in nicely with all the Office products and SharePoint as well.

Yeah. got a trial version last night, and its pretty neat. can i make it somehow plug into outlook and give me a daily run down of all today's tasks for all the projects without having to open each one?

Back