Project: Liquidmod 10th Feb

revlimit

Limp Gawd
Okay folks, here is my first project log so go easy on me. I've been reading countless mods from [H] and Bit-tech. I have combine some ideas from people such as Top Nurse, AlumaxX, PilouX, and whoeever I may have missed. Here are the parts list.

Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe
liquidmod74.jpg

AMD Opteron 170
liquidmod69.jpg

Lian Li V-2000B
liquidmod05.jpg

liquidmod04.jpg

liquidmod07.jpg

liquidmod01.jpg

OCZ PC400 Gold Edition 2 x 1GB
liquidmod67.jpg

OCZ Modstream 520
IMG]http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c90/revlimit1995/17-104-155-03.jpg[/IMG]

XFX 7800 GT
liquidmod39.jpg

Creative X-Fi
IMG]http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c90/revlimit1995/DSC01893.jpg[/IMG]

Swifttech Apex kit
liquidmod15.jpg

Aqua Computer parts

Aquaero VFD
DSC01973.jpg

Aqua Computer Flowmeter
DSC01969.jpg

Aquatube

liquidmod29.jpg

Got a nice custom lazer etched side panel from www.voyeurmods.com
liquidmod40.jpg

liquidmod44.jpg

I was starting a new build and realized that I never posted the finish product of this one. So here it is:

liquidmod72.jpg

liquidmod73.jpg

liquidmod99.jpg

liquidmod51.jpg

liquidmod30.jpg

liquidmod98.jpg

liquidmod97.jpg

liquidmod96.jpg

liquidmod94.jpg

liquidmod92.jpg

liquidmod91.jpg

liquidmod90a.jpg

look's good, but what the hell is that discoloration on the MOBO near the CPU,RAM and Silver heatsink????

Klawz said:
look's good, but what the hell is that discoloration on the MOBO near the CPU,RAM and Silver heatsink????
ya thats wat i wanna know

and nice parts man and i LOVE the FFVII side panel, soo sexay :D

i think the discoloration is a reflection, the munting bracket is also tinted beige :p

and i am most CERTAINLY following :D

ya that's a reflection from the flash. Not too good with digitial camera still need to work on it.
I decided to disasemble all the rivets and replace it with hex nuts and bolts.
liquidmod22.jpg

liquidmod26.jpg

liquidmod27.jpg

Man that's a lot of parts... this looks like you're just bound to have extra bits when you put it back together, unless you photo-documented where everything goes. :D Looks good so far though.

Are you concerned any about the heatpipe being inverted, as the primary concern about Lian-Lis and the A8N-SLI Premium was? That was the only thing, pretty much, besides the price point, that made me go with the P180 over a Lian-Li V2000 or something. Otherwise, are you removing the heatpipe and putting a passive cooler on the chipset/mosfets?

Other than that, looks nice. Go FFVII. :) That movie was sweet.

The windows cost $70.
I'll try it with heat pipe on and see if it will cause any problem.
I've good memory, so I don't think there will be a problem putting the case back together.

What did you use to paint the parts? Aren't you afraid you will put scratches in the paint when you reassemble?

here is picture of the plexi I ordered from voyeurmods as well. I deceided to stack the blue plexi on top of the original one.

liquidmod53.jpg

liquidmod54.jpg

liquidmod55.jpg

revlimit said:
here is picture of the plexi I ordered from voyeurmods as well. I deceided to stack the blue plexi on top of the original one.

Excellent idea with the stacking of mounting plates. That will give you extra clamping force if you so desire! Nice work over-all.

BTW, How was the expirience working with VMods on the custom etch?

ProHandyman said:
Excellent idea with the stacking of mounting plates. That will give you extra clamping force if you so desire! Nice work over-all.

BTW, How was the expirience working with VMods on the custom etch?

They took a while, like a month but the quality is great. The plexiglass is almost twice as thick as the original windows. The cut was good and it was a direct replacement.

I didn't like the silver face that came with the Aquaero so I modifed a bay cover instead. Sorry for

the image quality and I was too lazy to stop and take step by step picture.

liquidmod87.jpg

liquidmod88.jpg

Here is my first fan grill. I got the idea from one of the project log at Bit-tech.net

Got this cool kit from Costco.
liquidmod59.jpg

Took me awhile to design this.
liquidmod58a.jpg

liquidmod60.jpg

Got this huge 4 1/2 hole saw off Ebay for $10, much cheaper than Home Depot.

liquidmod61.jpg

liquidmod63.jpg

liquidmod64.jpg

Here it is nice and polished.

liquidmod64a.jpg

Here is are some cutting of the case for the case handles and AC reservior.

FILE0041.jpg

FILE0042.jpg

This is for the AC grill where the radiatior will be placed.
FILE0043.jpg

FILE0044.jpg

FILE0045.jpg

FILE0046.jpg

FILE0047.jpg

Any advice for cutting holes with a jigsaw? I'm planning to do a similar Radgrillz/Rad mod. Just got the jigsaw, but have no clue how to set it up for cutting metal...

willie92 said:
Any advice for cutting holes with a jigsaw? I'm planning to do a similar Radgrillz/Rad mod. Just got the jigsaw, but have no clue how to set it up for cutting metal...

Go slow and take your time. Use the blades with the most teeth, they are usually for metal cutting.

Back