Project : Liquid Metal (Many pics Inside)

Mr.B

Limp Gawd
Aight ill post some pics of my worklog. This is my new project called "Liquid Metal". So far Ive been working on it for about 2 1/2 months now. I had to take a break cuz I started back at school and it was kinda difficult finding time and appropriate places to mod in my appartment complex. But ive been plugging away and ill give you guys what i have so far. I allready had an Worklog on Gruntville so my first post here is just going to be one big fat collection of all my updates that ive made allready over there. So here we go.

Lemme Post some Info up First

ExternalSpecs

- Cooler Master Atc-101 Aluminum Full Tower Case (modded)

Performance Specs

- Intel Pentium 4 3GHz 800MHz System Bus CPU (attempt to overclock to 4 Ghz)

- Abit IC7-G Max II Advance Motherboard

- 1 GB (2 pcs 512) DDR (500) PC-4000 Corsair w/LED Display (TWINX1024-4000PRO)

- 470 Watt Vantec Stealth PSU, UV Blue Techflex Looming, Laser Cut Blade Fan Grills (For Sale NOW)

- (New! Just IN ) 500 Watt X connect Modular Psu Chrome Finish

- ATI Radeon 9800 Pro Video Card (attempt to overclock to x800 speeds or something)

- Western Digital(WD) Caviar Special Edition 250GB 7200RPM ATA100 Enhanced IDE hard disk

- Westerb Digital 38 Gb Raptor 10,000 RPM SATA

- Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2Zs Sound Card Limited Edition Gamer Version

- Black LITE-ON 52X32X52X E-IDE CD-R/CD-Rewritable drive w/ SMART-BURN technology

- The Sony CRX320E Combo Drive, 52X max CD-R write, 52X max CD read, 16X max DVD read, 24X CD-RW write. 2MB buffer memory

- Silver Cooler Master Aerogate II Fan Controller

- Silver Matrix Orbital LCD Display

- 2 Evercool Chrome Finish 120mm Aluminum Case Fans

- 2 Laser Cut 120mm Blade Fan Grills

- 4 Laser Cut 80mm Blade Fan Grills

- 2 Blue Uv Reactive Y cables

- 1 Clear Uv Reactive Floppy Cable

- 2 White Cold Cathodes

- 2 Uv Cold Cathodes

WaterCooling Specs

- PolarFlo TT series Cpu Water Block - Blue / Silver

- PolarFlo SF Series CS Water Block - Blue ( custom Made Intel NB Mounting kit By Mr.B)

- PolarFlo SF Series GPU Water Block - Blue

- Inovatek Tank-o-Matic Reservior (the big one)

- Hydor L35 Pump

- Dual 120mm Black Ice Radiator ( Blue )

- ClearFlex60 1/2 ID 5/8 OD Tubing

- Water Wetter 4oz bottle

- Frozen Cpu Blue UV Reactive Die

- Artic Silver 5 Thermal Compound

- Tons of Misc Clamps and Zips

SOrry fell asleep. Heres the pics.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Heres my PolarFlo SF chipset block. As in my other post, I made a custom mounting kit out of acrylic which I believe to have came out very nicely. Im going to try and make a how to instructional here in the future for anyone else who is interested, shoot me a pm or something.

Polarflo Intel North Bridge Mounted Block

PFMountingKit.jpg

PFMountingKit1.jpg

PFMountingKit2.jpg

PFMountingKit3.jpg

Heres the Fans and Fan Grills Im using in the project. THey are 120mm Evercool Aluminum Fans with chrome finish for those who are interested. Great Fans, or at least they look the part, well just see how good they do when I get the kit all assembled. There are also 2 White Cold Cathodes as well as 2 Uv Cold Cathodes that will be used. The case is also In the pics that i will be modding

Pics

FansGrills2.jpg

FansGrills1.jpg

And Heres a few snap shots of the case before I started to hack away at it.

CoolerMasterBox.jpg

CoolerMaster1.jpg

CoolerMaster2.jpg

Heres a pic of the radiator and fans so you can get an idea of the look. There not going to be mounted like this but this is just a teaser of the colors im playing with essentially.

RadiatorTop.jpg

And there my FEET !!!!

RadiatorSide2.jpg

Radiator1.jpg

Ok so here the modding is about to begin, im going to be cutting into the this bad boy withing the next day or so.

I bought the hole saws yesterday, o god, what have i gottem myself into. :shock:

Tell me how the drawings look cuz thats whats going to be done in the next day or so. Its all perfect to me, but someone could have a wild objection or something.

Pics

Front 92mm Fan Hole

FontDrawings3.jpg

FontDrawings2.jpg

FontDrawings.jpg

Dual 120mm Radiator Holes

TopDrawings.jpg

TopDrawings2.jpg

Ok the deed has been done, not too bad, a little work. The back 120 hole had to be dremeled then sanded because coolermaster thought it would be nice to put an 80mm at the top with these gay little vents so i couldnt get a pilot hole and the holesaw was unable to be utilized without screwing some stuff up and i didnt want to be doing that. SO heres the pics of the cuts, pretty smooth i still need to sand them and btw, My front bezel is thicker than anything ive had to cut so far. ANyhow, here we go...

SideCut.jpg

SideCut.jpg

TopCuts.jpg

Overallcut.jpg

FontCut2.jpg

Here we go, i finished the front bezel and polished that mofo to a shine, o its sweet. The top ill post pics of one i get the hole drilled and all. Im thinkin about doing some fiberglassing so keep your eyes peeled for some kewl stuff to come. ANyhow. But this hole turned out ot be too small for what i was lookgin for so i drememled it larger, i will have pics of that up shortly.

Pics

Haha theres more feet in this one lol pwned

FrontLip3.jpg

FontRing2.jpg

FontShot2hole.jpg

FontPolish1.jpg

FontFullSHot1.jpg

NICE clean cuts you have done so far. looking foward to the final product!

i love coolermaster, if i did not go to shuttle XPC i would definetly still be using my cooler master case. this summer i might build an amd 64 system in my cooler master case just because i love the case so much and it is just sitting empty right now

When I read Liquid Metal I thought you were doing a mercury cooler. I almost crapped my pants. Either way, this is very cool. Nice cutting you got going. I would probably paint it to add a nice shine though.

oh man!!.. in my opinion.. i think you ruined the cleaness of the AT101 by cutting that huge hole in front. but.. oh well.. it's your case.

where did you get the case from? i thought it was discontinued?

OH NOSE!!!!!!1 Teh TOES!!!!!!1

Looks good so far

ahem.. the toes could use some work tho ;)

I have the same Alu fans and they are nice. You project looks sweet so far. Thanks for posting lots of pics as well. I can't stand when people only show like 4 pics.

Thanx for all the words guys, im playing with the watercooling system right now for fun so ill post some pics of what ive done so far, but its just cuz im testing out a cpu block so its not how my final setup will look but i wanna post pics anyhow.

As for ruining the clean-ness. I think theres a fine line between having a clean case and having a boring case. The case was boring, plus im doing some bondo work on the front there for a turbo fan which will also have another 80 mm Black Ice xtreme Rad behind it so it serves a purpose. Trust me, when u see the finished product, youll agree its way better.

I actually found the case on ebay. you can do all the searching you want but you wont find these on any retail site becuase they discontinued them about 2 years ago. i was actually looking for an atc 110 but found this and liked it just as much.

yeah nice choice on the case. I always like seeing something other then a lili or a chieftec. (well jeeves your chieftec is different :D ) keep up the momentum... i know it is hard with all of us begging for daily updates, but you're doing great so far.

New pics, here we go, its up and running good. This isnt how im keeping it but i thought it would be fun to show some new pics. Im just testing some equipment right now so everything is kinda messy.

Picsww.jpg

piswww.jpg

picswwww.jpg

very preaty... is that the cooler master with all the outside panels off of it?

Thanx guys.

Affirmative, thats a coolermaster atc-101 de-paneled. Its on the first page of the worklog on the spec list, any question about the parts im using can be found there. More pics to come today on my bezel so check back in a few hours. If you look in the pics above you can see my front bezel in the bottom right of the pics with the bondo on it.

Update 10/20

Ok so heres a little progress on the front bezel. Its been bondoed and these pics are after i have just sanded down the bondo. I still need to apply the spot filler putty and do some primering and sanding to prep for painting but its commin along pretty well i think. Let me know what cha think. :D

FrontBEzel2.jpg

FrontBEzel1.jpg

FrontBezel3.jpg

UPdate 10/29

Ok so i pretty much have the front intake done. The prop nose and the bevel has all been primered and is awaiting the right paint. Its come out pretty nice, im really happy with it. Im working on the top now as we speak so hopefully some new pics of that to come here. A shoutout to Bill if he reads this cuz u were my inspiration for this mod.

TurboIntake.bmp

TurboIntake2.bmp

TurboIntake3.bmp

Thats all for now Folks, thanx and id love to here your comments!! :D

Update 11/10

Allright everyone, the front Bezel is practically FINISHED !!!!!! I still need to clear coat it but the painting is done, i also need to clean the bezel up a little from some slight overspray. It can out really nice and shiny, i can only imagine it after the clearcoat. Enjoy.

Its insane how 3 weeks ago i could have something like this -------->
Crappyfront.jpg

And then after a little sanding (lol acutally a butt load) and some paint i would end up with this ---------------------------->
FrontBezlelnice.jpg

ftonbezel2.jpg

Heres the prop noses for the fans, they as well need to be clear coated but i will be getting to that in the next couple of days. :)

Turbine.jpg

More to come, im gonna start on the top now. :) Thanx

Your N3wb,

Bryan-

sorry i doubted you, that turned out a thousand times better than i thought it would..

No problem Magic, thanx for all the kind words:

now ;) :) hahah j/k, thanx man

THanx aphythytia, i appreciate the compliments, im gonna continue to work hard on this. :)

Back