Project: Liquid LanBoy

Justshoe

Limp Gawd
Well finnaly got all my parts here so im a go ahead and start with my first watercooling expedition. Components are: Antec SuperLanBoy, AsRockDualSATA939, Opty144, 1GB Corsair XMS 2.5-3-3-8, X850Pro. For watercooling: Swiftech Storm on CPU, DD Maze4 GPU, DD-D5 Pump, Dodge Intrepid heatercore, masterkeeler 1/2" ID 13/16" OD tubing. Anyway idea is to make a top mounted rad box to house the rad and 4 fans controlled by my aerogate 3.Heres some of the components.
Swiftech Storm

Maze 4 and the D5

Heatercore/Radiator

Lapped and Polished Storm

And some of the basic box construction still have some clean up and sanding left.
After cutting before assembly

After basic assembly still drilling some holes

After construction still have some clean up.

Fans beind installed have lots to sand left on these holes....

More to be followed.

I lapped 800, 1500,2000 to get it nice n smooth then some blue magic metal polish. Ive used it before on copper without any troubles works good for gettin tarnish off and such. Did the same to the maze4 just didnt take a picture. Hopefully going to get the box fully comepleted today so i can start finding how im goin to mount it on top the pc.

Just a little update from today.
Bottom pic of it just about completed

View from where the rad attaches

View from the side, i know the rad isnt perfectly straight but it'll be ok the tubes actually hit the backside plate and dont allow it to fit flush but it should be fine.

Havin some fun with my rotozip

Cleaning up the fan holes...

Thats it for now going to be stripping down the pc tommorw to get it mounted ontop and start routing some lines and mounting my waterblocks and pump.
I know the holes arent perfect but it works :)

Looking good man. I like the homemade mods....I think that sometimes ppl get carried away with how much they can just buy of the shelf. Anyways, keep it up.

Little update from tonight. Lapped up my Opty144, dry mounted all the waterblocks so i can get the lines cut. Also started tearin down the case for some modding tommorw night. Heres some pics
Lapped Opty

Overall install

Closeup of the X850

Fan grill getting chopped out. And the pump will sit just behind the fan. HD got moved up into the 3.5" where floppy should be.

Got the box mounted on the PC and cut out some portions of the case, mounted the pump, and started routing cable.

you should relap everything, the polishing makes it horribly unflat and the compound gets in there and hinders the thermal paste

Well i lapped everything first. Too 2500 or so. THen i polish and then relap with some 3500 i found. Then i clean it all up real good with some iso. alcohol so it should be good. FInnaly got it all up and running temps are about 35c load! so im happy heres a little update.
Pump mounting

Heres a pic right before filling.

filled up and bleeding/leak test

pic with everything installed. I know the t-line orientation isnt perfect. but my temps are great about 25c idle and 35c full load with my opty@287x9 so we'll see how much higher it'll go.

night shot

thats about it for now running good time to see if it oc's anymore lol

wicked. i really wanna do water

i see everyoen polishing there stuff btu i havnt seen any linsk to why or how yet.

i assume for better heat? I have a opty 170 over clocked to 2.4 on air right now. its running around 42 full load on air.a nd i friggin hate it. bout to clock it back to stock untill i get water cooling.

yours looks sexy. few questions though?
-where can if ind out mroe info ont he polishing. cause once my servers wetup im hitting my main pc to cool it and make it look sexy :D haha
-recomendations on s939 water block at a fair price?
- also you seem to have your vid card int he second pci-e slot? am i right? mins int he top slot or is that jsut pci? cause mine owuld work much better int he bottom slot cable wise.

thanks for any help!! :D

As far as polishing.Mines more lapped then polished. get some 800,1000,2000,2500+ and just go in the same direction on a flat surface with some water pretty much sanding it down to be perfectly flat and smooth. Then i just used a lil blue magic polish so get it nice and flat and shiny.

For 939 cooling seems that the storm is about the best high flow solution right now can be had for about 60-70 But i think the DD TDX is decent too.

The vid card is actually AGP not PCI-E the mobo has a PCI-E and agp slot but the yellow one is for a AM2 socket extension slot

Back