Project: Lil' Red Devil

Mr_Lore

Limp Gawd
A late start is better than no start at all right? Anyways I did some preliminary cutting and test fitting of my 80mm fan mod to my SB752G XPC.

DSCF0064s.JPG

Because of my limited tools I had the dremel in one hand and was cupping my balls in the other because I was doing this freehand.

DSCF0065s.JPG

DSCF0066s.JPG

DSCF0067s.JPG

Nevermind the blue fan, its just for fitting, my real mod supplies are arriving soon.
DSCF0068s.JPG

Some of the Metal on the actual Chasis itself also needs to be cleared, I plan to fit a red CCFL fan and 4 other CCFL 6" tubes in this case and top off the fan with a black mesh cover to match the sides.
DSCF0069s.JPG

DSCF0070s.JPG

DSCF0071s.JPG

Sry, if u get red X's im personally hosting this and havnt had time to play with my server.

Let me know what you think. :)

Looks good so far, did you mean for you fan hole to be so close to the edge of the case? just wondering, but the hole looks awesome man, keep up the good work and keep us posted.

s3rial said:
Looks good so far, did you mean for you fan hole to be so close to the edge of the case? just wondering, but the hole looks awesome man, keep up the good work and keep us posted.

Yeah It had to be just about where it is because of the depth of my DVDRW. The fan itself wont be attatched to the outside casing but the actual inside chasis.

Got some more work done on my lil mod. All cutting is now complete for the moment.
Now for the pics. :D

DSCF0064%20(Medium).JPG

DSCF0066%20(Medium).JPG

DSCF0069%20(Medium).JPG

DSCF0070%20(Medium).JPG

DSCF0071%20(Medium).JPG

DSCF0072%20(Medium).JPG

DSCF0073%20(Medium).JPG

DSCF0074%20(Medium).JPG

DSCF0075%20(Medium).JPG

DSCF0076%20(Medium).JPG

Test Fit looks good.
DSCF0077%20(Medium).JPG

DSCF0078%20(Medium).JPG

DSCF0080%20(Medium).JPG

I'm surprised i didnt fuck anything up like I usually do :p

oh man, your really screwed now... you cant use that expansion slot right there now.... the new fan will block it!!!

lol

Another night, another UPS delivery, another update.

DSCF0064%20(Medium)2.JPG

80mm to 92mm adapter.
DSCF0066%20(Medium)2.JPG

DSCF0067%20(Medium)2.JPG

Fear my red LED mod.
DSCF0068%20(Medium)2.JPG

DSCF0069%20(Medium)2.JPG

DSCF0070%20(Medium)2.JPG

DSCF0071%20(Medium)2.JPG

DSCF0072%20(Medium)2.JPG

DSCF0073%20(Medium)2.JPG

mmmmm, pretty.
DSCF0074%20(Medium)2.JPG

Thats all for now :D

MOST SINGLE UPSETTING NIGHT OF MODDING EVER!!!! This was worse than the 6hrs of debugging it took me to get my lk-204-PC lcd to control my neon lights in my last case mod. First my day started out by learning that my x800 pro wasnt even shipped yet and doom3 preorder still wont be here until tommorow. THEN! When I did get my order from directron I got 4 'red' CCFL's that were actually more orange than red and a UV-orange fan that was also supposed to be red. NEVER ORDERING FROM DIRECTRON EVER AGAIN!!!!

/me gives spoon to directron so they can eat my ass.

The Drama didnt end there either, after I installed my orange CCFL's (didnt test em b4 installing them) my machine refused to even turn on! After about 5min of WTF since i only had the fans, proc, psu, CCFL's, and usb lcd installed i started pulling things off. Turns out the lcd was sucking all of the standby power from the motherboard thru the internal usb header. I guess i have to make a switch for that, cant think of anyway around that one? SO, after that I took some pics of my now orange devil :( :p

DSCF0066%20(Medium)t.JPG

DSCF0067%20(Medium)t.JPG

I hate working with idiots, xioxide did this to me too a while back so directron is not alone.

DSCF0068%20(Medium)t.JPG

DSCF0069%20(Medium)t.JPG

DSCF0070%20(Medium)t.JPG

DSCF0071%20(Medium)t.JPG

After looking a little closer I noticed the 'red' CCFL's were just white bulbs incased in red acrylic.

DSCF0072%20(Medium)t.JPG

DSCF0073%20(Medium)t.JPG

DSCF0074%20(Medium)t.JPG

DSCF0075%20(Medium)t.JPG

DSCF0077%20(Medium)t.JPG

DSCF0078%20(Medium)t.JPG

DSCF0079%20(Medium)t.JPG

Not done yet, there's still much to be done to the outside yet and I think I have an idea for fixing those cathodes.

Stay tuned. :p

jayjaya29 said:
Nice, can't wait to see more.

Do those cathodes emit more light in real life?

If your talking about the pictures where the case is open, the lights were not powered. They look like they are because of the flash and my old crappy digicam. They look dim in the other pictures because the black mesh filters some of the light.

This is going to be a text update, not as exciting but here goes. What I had planned for the outside didnt escape my recent string of bad luck with online orders. I ordered a red reflective flame decal (the same reflective red nylon they use on emergency vehicles) yet they managed to somehow mistake that with dark non-reflective maroon. Being the trusting person I am I put on the decal w/o lifting up the protective sheet on top. SO after I had it all nice and laid out, and stuck on my case i took off the protective sheet and! oh sorry gotta take it all off, wrong color. I didnt take pics b/c i dont want a record of how hiddeous that looked.

In the mean time I've spent my time doing behind the scenes things like wire management and soldiering together all the wires for my cold cathodes. That and yelling at directron to send me a red ccfl fan, yelling at CDWg.com to send my damn x800, and yelling at myself for getting molten nylon on my fingers as I attempt to remove this rediculus decal.

I've had other problems too like my northbridge falling off b/c the heatsink glue didnt hold, and a replacement fan I picked up at compusa that the clerk assured me was red ccfl turned out to be as pink as anything could be. For $19.99 you think that they could atleast get close to the right color.

:p

Back