Project: Industrial Hell

flacowboy

n00b
this is new/old mod that i am doing it is a old case that i modded last year sorry no pics and got in such a hurry that i didnt take any pics before i started but as it is it just a antec case i think its the 1040 anyway i am not sure where this is going yet my gf has given me a few ideas anyway on to the pic as of now i am doing the front bezel i am adding plexi to the both the drive bays and the lower vents this is what i have so far and i am think of doing a lightening and rain themed mod so on with the pics well in the middle of this i did change my mind of course and am now doing a industrai mod the outside is going to look like a old old factory well here you go

154813.jpg

154822.jpg

160044.jpg

160638.jpg

160641.jpg

163652.jpg

191149.jpg

here we go agian here i am working on the roof of the factory getting it ready to prime. i am going to have it look like it been somewhat caved in the is the reason for the long window. i am going be useing a felt time cover over this opening and hole in the roof for blow holes on with the pics.

145703.jpg
[/IMG] this is before it been sanded but the window cut

153906.jpg
[/IMG]

sanding and sanding and sanding

153130.jpg
[/IMG] here my bird wanted to help
155022.jpg
[/IMG]

this was a small up date

Here is the start of the off side very time consumeing and tedius but worth it. Ii am useing balsa wood and bass wood strip to simulate brick work.I used a hacksaw blade to score the wook every inch and then glued them on to the off side .
114156.jpg
[/IMG]

114153.jpg
[/IMG]

114125.jpg
[/IMG] close up o fthe scores

closeupsiddepanel.jpg
[/IMG]
here is the start of the off side

sidepanel.jpg
[/IMG]

sidepanelright.jpg
[/IMG]

ok here are some pics of the front steps and light fixtures. i wanted a old wore out look. and the light will be painted to look rusty and chiped .
steps.jpg
[/IMG]

stepscloseup.jpg
[/IMG] this is a close up looking cracked and beat up

stepsdistance.jpg
[/IMG]

stepsdistance.jpg
[/IMG]

hanginglamp.jpg
[/IMG]

hanginglamp2.jpg
[/IMG]

hope u like please comment

this is a bout 10 to15 hours worth of work if not more. This is the left side with done all but the attaching the winsdow though it is cut i am debating weather to tint the window or leave it clear. i wanted this to look like it was there was a hole blow or busted in the side that u see thru.

205659.jpg
i used cutoff disks to space the peices

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b191/flacowboy/205745.jpg[/IMG

[img]http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b191/flacowboy/205644.jpg

205649.jpg

212702.jpg

212654.jpg
]

214934.jpg
]

212639.jpg

I used a paint called fleck stone to simulate the brick textue and look. i kow theses pics suck and I sorry. hope to gett a better cam and may try to borrow one.

well as promised here is small update i mortered all the joints and at the same time i darkend the brick work up some so it looks older
how i go this look was i used black caulk and spread it all over the side panel with a spreader and then took rags and wiped it off till i got the color i wanted i still want to put some mortor on the edges where the brick is missing not sure yet how i am goign to do this and make it look good anyway on with the pictures

230832.jpg

231117.jpg

231235.jpg

231132.jpg

231242.jpg

will try to get a better cam soon maybe this weekend

as promised here is some better pics as u can i seei am in the middle of doing the bezel well on to the pics

side.jpg

SUNP0003.jpg

front.jpg

top.jpg

stepsandlights.jpg

for the life me coudnt get them in to foucus that well but hey at least i tried

well i worked on the front of the case for about 6 hours today and got a big portion done got the drives stealth and a mock up of the top window going to work on the bottom this week have to get some paint to some marble work the front would look to plain with out it i think
well on with the pics

front1.jpg

SUNP0002.jpg

front3.jpg

front2.jpg

well hope you like agian please comment tell me what you think

ok here is work in progress on the bezel not sure if i like it not i am try to get a marble facade look to it to break up the brick work and also pics of my keyboard
frontmarble.jpg

frontmarble2.jpg

keyboard.jpg

kb.jpg

well there you go please let me know what you think of the marlble look thanks

well i finely got a update tonite and hopefully will have one tomoorw this is also some better pics of what i have done already so on with the show
image001.jpg

this was going to be faux marble org but for the life of me i couldnt get it come out right so i did a stucco type finish much easier and i like it better

image004.jpg

this is the power and hard drive lights they are going to be white
i should have the front al most completed tomorw except for the power switch and the doors

image019.jpg

here is the right side before painting
image021.jpg

this is a close up of the window with the frame mocked up the brown in the window is plywood as in a repair for broken windows

image027.jpg

here it is painted needs to dry over nite and sealed and grouted

hi i ported this work log from another fourm so dont pay attention to the time line please i will have another update tonite i hope and any and all comments are welcome i am looking for ideas on a industrail looking pump cover but i may not cover it i am looking at useing like a like a fan motor with pullys it woudl "run " a 120 size fan thanks in advance for ur comments see ya

I just HAD to comment...
Never seen a mod with a theme like yours, very original!
Congratulations, and get the amazing job going! :)

i started this themes casue it seems you see alot of the same mods on a lot of computers so i just wanted to be diffenrt and see what i can do so far i really like it

This is a great concept. It reminds me somewhat of the Mars City mod...except it looks like early 20th century. Very cool stuff. Lookin' good--keep up the good work!

The brick work looks awesome, never seen anything quite like it. As others have said, very original.

hahaha, this is too cool! :D

Keep it up dude, a nice humble house you're building there :cool: ;)

Mohonri said:
This is a great concept. It reminds me somewhat of the Mars City mod...except it looks like early 20th century. Very cool stuff. Lookin' good--keep up the good work!

never looked at it being early 20th century but now that you have said i have to agree hopefully will have a update tonite sometime if not tonite for sure tomoorw thank god i have a gurl that doesnt mind me modding in the liveing room lol see ya

Brick work looks great! The integration of the bricks at the front with the drives really makes the mod work. Cool concept! :cool:

I like it so far. The only suggestion for your post however is that you please put some periods (.) in them. It makes me not even want to attempt to read it as well as make me think you're 8 years old. Other than that, it looks pretty cool.

Well here is a quick update i finished the brickwork on the right panel. So here are the pics.
image027.jpg

Here you see the panel before i detailed the mortar joints.
pc007.jpg

This is after i detailed the joints.

pc013.jpg

This is a close up of the detailed joints.

pc014.jpg

Here is the mortar going on.
pc014.jpg

This was after i worked into the joints. After this i just wiped it down with a rag till i got it to the color i liked that matched the other panels.
pc015.jpg

pc016.jpg

Here it is fully coved.
pc017.jpg

pc019.jpg

thats it for the update

This is a detail of the window i didn't know if u guys could see that it has a window seal.
pc20.jpg

Wow, that is impressive. I would have never considered cutting individual bricks to assemble a side panel... Maybe a whole sheet and score it but that looks quite nice. Is it glued to the ordignal door panel for support?

How much weight does all that add?

I think he said its balsa wood, I didnt go back to page one to check.

It would have to be fairly lightweight and fragile. Hopefully hes not going to be moving it around alot.

That is really , really cool.
I have never seen anything like that before!

Keep it comming! :cool:

i dunno guys putting bricks on the case is not cool imo but keep it up

Nice work man. The industrial factory setting with good lighting would definitely look awesome. Keep up the good work and i look forward to seeing the final product.

awdark said:
Wow, that is impressive. I would have never considered cutting individual bricks to assemble a side panel... Maybe a whole sheet and score it but that looks quite nice. Is it glued to the ordignal door panel for support?

How much weight does all that add?
Tengis is pretty much correct is a combination of balsa and bass wood. the bricks are
strips of wood i carved and glued to the org panel. And yes it is fragile i already have to repair the left side where my bird attacked it and chewed up some of the wood. it Will be a easy repair. thought i was going to kill him so it is fragile so i don't think this is going to any lans i Will have to be a LAN box for that

zyklon said:
i dunno guys putting bricks on the case is not cool imo but keep it up

why isn't this cool to you ? just curious
a lot of mods these days are repeats of other mods with a few changes here and there i wanted to do something that has never been done before aka like the mars city project and orac3 i think as modders we need to stretch the boundaries and push our selves to bigger and better mods. If you are referring to it retaining heat this is going to be water-cooled so that wont be a problem

Looks like it will be one hell of a decent mod. Can't wait to see the final result. As an artist and also a builder of model Haunted Houses before, I can appreciate this a bit more than most and really love the idea. I do have one suggestion though.

There is a really neat little trick you can do for the windows but require a bit of detail work. If you go to any hobby shop, you can find a thin celiphane that usually is used on the cover of spreadsheets or binders. A couple of pieces of that will do the trick. All you have to do is cut out the windows in the exact shape of your present ones then, using hobby scissors or razor, cut them up a bit in the shape to look like broken glass. Dirty them up using black and burnt sienna markers and using a toothpick and superglue, just pushing the edge of it inside your window slot. I would first practice a bit to get something that looks realistic to a degree before glueing. If you want to add a bit more realism as well as make them a bit more sturdy, you could cut toothpicks, paint using black marker and then clue the cross sections into the window for the interior cross-sections.

a lot of mods these days are repeats of other mods with a few changes here and there i wanted to do something that has never been done before aka like the mars city project and orac3 i think as modders we need to stretch the boundaries and push our selves to bigger and better mods. If you are referring to it retaining heat this is going to be water-cooled so that wont be a problem

I have to agree here as well. To me, anyone can pretty much paint a case and add lights and find the best components but most cases, other than a select few, usually look similar or the same with a few rare exceptions. I know I get tired of seeing the same thing which is why I have plans on several different mods in the future. A few of which would be "Computers thru the Ages" in which I would make cases depending on the time in history. (IE. A stone age case that looks as if it had been carved from rock, a roman temple case, wood and metal dark ages case, ect.) But I am digressing. Originality is the key and I would say that this definately follows it.

Again, great work :)

-SB

SpookyBastard said:
Looks like it will be one hell of a decent mod. Can't wait to see the final result. As an artist and also a builder of model Haunted Houses before, I can appreciate this a bit more than most and really love the idea. I do have one suggestion though.

There is a really neat little trick you can do for the windows but require a bit of detail work. If you go to any hobby shop, you can find a thin cellophane that usually is used on the cover of spreadsheets or binders. A couple of pieces of that will do the trick. All you have to do is cut out the windows in the exact shape of your present ones then, using hobby scissors or razor, cut them up a bit in the shape to look like broken glass. Dirty them up using black and burnt sienna markers and using a toothpick and super glue, just pushing the edge of it inside your window slot. I would first practice a bit to get something that looks realistic to a degree before gluing. If you want to add a bit more realism as well as make them a bit more sturdy, you could cut toothpicks, paint using black marker and then clue the cross sections into the window for the interior cross-sections.

I
-SB
i was planing on using plexi for the windows and try the alcohol on them to crack them not sure yet what i have is pretty fragile so i need to have some strength to it somewhere

very cool. You should make some big industrial a/c unit to go on the top. maybe with a fan or something. excellent skills.

SpangeMonkee said:
very cool. You should make some big industrial a/c unit to go on the top. maybe with a fan or something. excellent skills.

that is in the works along with a working smoke stack

Well i finished the right side panel putting the window frame on and added the glass. I think the only thing i have to do is dirty the window up some but for now its done. So on with the pics.

rightside0013.jpg
here is over all view
rightside005.jpg

and a close up of the windows
rightside004.jpg

well there are you hope ya like

zeusenergy said:
Brick work looks great! The integration of the bricks at the front with the drives really makes the mod work. Cool concept! :cool:

Thanks !! had to stealth the drive to make the theme come across right

Wow that is sweet. Looks kinda weird though that the same 2 windows on each pane are boarded up.

I have to agree here as well. To me, anyone can pretty much paint a case and add lights and find the best components but most cases, other than a select few, usually look similar or the same with a few rare exceptions.

While adding lights is relativly easy, painting can be just as hard as actually fabricating something. I agree, anyone can hose down a case with a can of paint, but then there are people that take the time to do it the right way.

Back