Project: Evangelion

TGO

n00b
Evangelion is an anime from 1995, released by Gainax. I have not found an case mod from the anime prob because of its age. Seeing as Evangelion is one of my favorite animes, I have sought to right this wrong.

To start off the skin will be an Thermaltake Tsunami, (was decided before the tsunami)

box

threeforths

front%20mid

back

front%20full

tsu%20in

tsu%20stuff

The premoded ones are ugly IMHO and i wanted to start from scratch.

eva

Here is something I will use later.

osu%20and%20stuff2

Some more supplies.

Main modding coming tomorrow.

The mod itself will be based on these colors.

death58

The blue from the hair, red from the eyes, and unpictured white.

topcut

topout

windowshole

Did some cutting, got the top window out and holes for the switches.
And I thought that Evangelion first aired in 1984 on TV in Japan?

Forgot, I removed the fan grills, no pics. Also had to remove that top flap on the top, it looked ugly and would break the top continuty.

Eva aired back in October of '95.

Anywho, I'm a big Eva fan, so this mod has my support almost right off the bat.

Update 1/04/05

Hinokagutsuchi said:
Eva aired back in October of '95.

Anywho, I'm a big Eva fan, so this mod has my support almost right off the bat.

Well I am retarted :eek:

Ok, update.

Did the top window.

eva%20topwindow

topwin%20w%20light

Wanted to be basicly transparent without lights on but show when CCFLs go on

eva%20with%20stand

Here is eva with a stand, and lazer led mount

Update 1/04/05 (Afternoon)

Did some sanding

sand

sanded

I was suprised how smooth the case really was. It had a slight mirror finish but still had a texture. After a small bit of sanding the paper bit down and all felt good. Got the inside done with some metalcast red, pics tomorrow. Priming tom.

ultrapsu%20w%20cable

ultrapsu2

ultrapsu1

Here is the ultra psu. Undecided if this is going to be modded. I have killed so many psus before and this one is just spectacular with the chrome mirror finish. If it will reflect the red in the cast it should be fine.

looking pretty cool so far... my friend has the same case (black), and he was thing about cutting out the top thing for an exust fan... I'll show him this incase he gets and ideas. :D

I'm toying with the idea of doing the same.

I'm also doing the front in EL wire since those two LED's aren't very good looking.

Headed for a green theme, but might do green in the from working to blue in the back.

It's coming along great. Very nice etching job. You might want to Dremel out those stamped fan grills. ;)

Update1/05/05

Broke out the soldering iron and got some switches wired up. They will be hooked to a blue CCFL, UV CCFL, and power/on switch.

switch2

switch2

Yes the switch does work the power on. Flick it "on", listen for comp to kick in, shut switch cover. Computer on. While running flip switch to "on" 4 seconds later computer powers down, close cover. The switch works fine for not being a momentary. My computer is currently in some old case i had. I'm too poor to buy new componets. So i guess this is a good time to list them.

P4 3.0 Ghz 800 Mhz FSB HT
MSI 865PE Neo2-pfisr
1 Gb PC3200 Samsung DDR (2 x 512)
Radeon 9700 Pro
2 x WD 36.6 GB 10,000 RPM Sata drives raid 0
WD 250 SE 8mb cache
Sound Blaster Live Platinum 5.1
X-Connect 500 watt PSU

SidewinderX, if u ask me, something has to be done to remove the top flap. I think it looks ugly on top.

Mr. Miyagi, I did i jsut forgot to take pics afterward.

Looking good. Nice etch. What is the Ultra X-connect like? some love it, some hate it. what do you think?

Update 1/08/05

Well small update. Got the parts primed and sanded...twice. Here's little pic of the inside of the case.

insidered

Also the Xconnect is doing fine. I decided to play some HL2 and Doom III on it. Did just fine.
Had no porblem with it; it has two 80 mm fans, and the air is just warm.

Damn pictures seems not to load, probably due to the bandwidth. Well seeing from the other comments, im rather interested in it (since i am a fan of eva aswell). Well keep up the good work and retain the motivation!

lookin good. keep it coming. I asked about the X-connect cause I ordered one then started hearing stuff about how they were cr*p and got worried.Thanks.

I have an xconnect with a pretty good load on it with almost all of my usb's etc and 2 panaflos and a few other fans, and it seems to work well. If you are gonna jam it in there, prebend the main motherboard one, because its so thick and stiff. lawl.

Looks good, but why a BLUE psu with a RED colored case.

TVersetti said:
I have an xconnect with a pretty good load on it with almost all of my usb's etc and 2 panaflos and a few other fans, and it seems to work well. If you are gonna jam it in there, prebend the main motherboard one, because its so thick and stiff. lawl.

Looks good, but why a BLUE psu with a RED colored case.
Uh its called contrast... :p

Update 1/09/05

apHytHiaTe said:
Uh its called contrast... :p

Correct. Inside case, most components are red. Cables and what not are going to be blue.

Any who the FDD cage is painted. Even thought i am forgoing the floppy drive. My 200 GB drive goes there. Then the main hard drive cages are painted too.

fdd

hdcage

The cage is fully painted but the flash seems too make it look like it is not painted. Don't know why. Also tip to anyone who wants to put a window in a unmodded Tsunami. On the harddrive cage and floppy cage there are triggers that allow the cages to unhook and slide out. I took the time to but some scrap plex behind the door and tried to close it. The triggers keep the door from shutting with anything behind it. They must be cut if u want your window to see into the front half of the case. Don't cut the whole thing off just about 3 cms of each tirrger device.

bondo

Also forgot this pic on my camera. Since i got new switches for the case i removed the power and reset switch. After a little bondo it looks better, nice and smooth. And tomorrow i will bring in the first color coat for sanding. Pics soon.

Awsome case. I love the paint on the interior. Im a big Noir fan, but all anime interests me. I will definatly be keeping tabs on this thread.

I thought so, I have a few cans here with me for my project. Good stuff.

Ya, I was speculating that it might be metalcast. I'm using that as part of my [H]ard project. Sweet paint, not much has to be done to make it look great. BTW, that project is hybernating right now...

I like that gun alot. Will you be incorporating it into the case or is it to bling bling the cool picture factor.

By the way it is looking really nice in all aspects and I love the color contrast. :D

AN EVANGELION CASE MOD!?!?!? :eek:

*starts having seizures*

Cool idea. Evangelion is a wonderful anime. I would've preferred a Rurouni Kenshin case mod though, since then you would've had an excuse to put some kind of katana on your computer. :D

Update 1/10/05

Well another update. If u remember the color preview post there is some blue. So here is the blue.

first%20coat1

first%20coat2

first%20coat3

first%20coat4

Outside is a nice light blue color. Don't know how much reflection I'll get from such a light color but hey, I think it looks nice. Also got my aluminum fan paint plus the front panel of a LV System LIS 2 blue eyes LCD. Did i mention I got a LV system LIS 2 Blue LCD? :D
LV System LIS blue eyes LCD

ls%20and%20fan

Thats all for today folks.

TGO said:
http://mason.gmu.edu/~sbaker2/first%20coat3
in that image it looks like the paint on the front is blotchy around the middle of the piece. is that just lighting, or is it really like that? if it is you may want to consider redoing that part.

hmmm imo i dont like the outside paint at all. that case was ment to show its outter parts the way they are but i hate the out side now ewwwwwwww.... the inside looks awesome tho!

Back