Project...ehmm...Work in progress? (mmm pics)

Just a bit of advice, you might want to mod your PSU. The higher wattage TruePowers have an El-Cheapo temeprature sensing fan controller, which inevitably fails, causing the fans not to work, the power supply overheat.. and well, incinerate. Mine is a 480 TP, and the fourth time I used it, I noticed that it took a full minute before the fans in it started working. People on newegg are also complaining that these PSU units blow up on them. The thing you do is remove the cover (who cares about the warranty?!). You get rid of the fans, as they are uneeringly loud if you run them at 12V all the time. Replace the fans with quieter fans of your choice, and hook them up to a molex rail. Don't use the "FAN ONLY!" rail, as it's also routed from the El-Cheapo fan controller. I imagine my fan controller failed a long time ago, but my Panaflos keep cooling the PSU. I also painted the inside black and put a plexiglass PSU cover :)

that poor little case :( so dead and holy, perhaps when the face lift is complete it will concider a boob job and lypo suction :D

nice mod :D

Darth_Fluffy said:
Just a bit of advice, you might want to mod your PSU. The higher wattage TruePowers have an El-Cheapo temeprature sensing fan controller, which inevitably fails, causing the fans not to work, the power supply overheat.. and well, incinerate. Mine is a 480 TP, and the fourth time I used it, I noticed that it took a full minute before the fans in it started working. People on newegg are also complaining that these PSU units blow up on them. The thing you do is remove the cover (who cares about the warranty?!). You get rid of the fans, as they are uneeringly loud if you run them at 12V all the time. Replace the fans with quieter fans of your choice, and hook them up to a molex rail. Don't use the "FAN ONLY!" rail, as it's also routed from the El-Cheapo fan controller. I imagine my fan controller failed a long time ago, but my Panaflos keep cooling the PSU. I also painted the inside black and put a plexiglass PSU cover :)

Hahaha I knew there was a reason not to buy antec...go enermax!!!!

ElektronikSeraph said:
http://www.mnpctech.com/moddersmesh.html The honeycomb is what most people have, but there's also round hole stuff that looks a lot like your link.

Yea i gave them a call. They anly carry a 1'x1' piece. I need a 2'x1. Thanks though.

Darth_Fluffy said:

Ive had my antec for a year and half. So far so good. Ill prolly consider changing over the fans on the inside and powering them by a rail (non fan only). Right now I just spent 80$ on fans for my case, so im a little tapped out. Thanks for the heads up!

ehZn said:
Hahaha I knew there was a reason not to buy antec...go enermax!!!!

biotch i think you were the one who told me to get it......

Heres a small update on where im at with my case. After 4 days of trying to cut out 4 1/2 inch holes with a pos 9.6 volt el cheapo cordless drill. I went out and bought a new one. 18.something. Its sweet as hell. Woulda saved me alot of time. I didnt have acamera at the time I was cutting so I dont have any action shots, but Ill have alot of finished shots up later today. Only thing I still need to do is make a mount for my notbook slimline combo drive, find the perforated aluminum I want at an affordable price, and buy another 120mm fan...I accidentally ruined one while drilling out a rivet. The fan itself is good, but I ruined the copper tape that wraps around it.

Pics will be up tonight!!!!

biotch i think you were the one who told me to get it......

Listen scrubbly, I have never uttered one single product placement for antec, and I probably never will. I hope mags hurls in your chair!

Btw, I say scrap the xp-120 and maybe save the money and just try the stock amd hsf. With some as5 and the sheer amount of airflow in your case I doubt it will make much of a difference.

Back