Project DoubleWide

mrweasel said:
I'd be worried about a potential static charge building up on that

Ive discarded the idea of the sound dampening method. I am just going to go with asaka sound pads or MPCtech pads.

Although it tends to build up heat a bit, you can defintely try to use standard eggshell sound dampening material made for sound studios. It's a bit thicker but it's more effective than akasa etc for noise.

zeusenergy said:
So the 15" LCD will be integrated into the right side panel, and the mobo will fold out on a tray or something? That sounds real cool :cool:
i beleive hes only using one PC

the other side is for a phase change cooler to be installed in the case and the LCD

4b5eN+EE said:
i beleive hes only using one PC

the other side is for a phase change cooler to be installed in the case and the LCD

Correct. Watercooling and/or phasechange may have to come later. I might be quitting my job soon. I got yelled at for walking a blind man accross the street so he could catch the bus. QFC fucking sucks.

DiddlySquat said:
Correct. Watercooling and/or phasechange may have to come later. I might be quitting my job soon. I got yelled at for walking a blind man accross the street so he could catch the bus. QFC fucking sucks.

wow...thats horrible

the blind guy thing...not the comp :D

Strangely, I used the exact same case and handle for one of my computers.

Except I only used one handle in the middle of the top, and made lots of other changes. (Blue LED's in the interior, blue LED's modded into Panaflo fans, blue LED modded into the power button, and custom built Acetate feet lit up with, you guessed it, blue LED's. Get's the whole case about a inch off the ground so carpeting doesn't restrict air flow. And makes it kinda look like a car with ground effects.

Once I get new batteries for my digital camera today, I'll post pics on how mine turned out.

DiddlySquat said:
I really wasnt planning on mounting the motherboard differently. The right case will contain a Thermochill 120.3 (or whatever the numbers are), a 15" lcd and all the extra cables/tubing. If anyone has any ideas on what else i could toss into the right side i'll gladly listen. I really like the plexi idea on the outside of the bezels, i may play with that idea a little.

I'll be interested in the lcd mod, I thought of doing it.
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=897910

I'm still working on the mounting of the lcd. I don't believe that that LCD will fit flush inside the case due to the 5.25" rack in the front. The LCD will most likely be mounted on the side, where it is not flush; just hovering on the side.

Curious...Who's the manufacturer of those cases, and where did you buy them?

They look like one of those enermax/powmax/ahanix clones, but with newly updated cooling vents in the front/back for 120mm fans.

holy update batman!

Alright everyone, summer is here and I've been working a lot. The case is almost complete. I didnt have access to a camera so i dont have any in-between shots of before and what it looks like now. I still have to finsh the fronts, and tomorrow i will be able to mount the LCD and cut out the window.

First off, here is the top:

HPIM0609.jpg

Here is a before and after pic of the fronts. I have both sides primed now and awaiting extra fabrication and paint.

HPIM0596.jpg

An inside pic of the case. I havent worked on wire management yet. :(

HPIM0601.jpg

And finally a shot of the bare front.

HPIM0600.jpg

Anyways, i still have to mount the lcd, paint the fronts, cut the window, and tidy up my wires. Any suggestions before i get to finishing everything?

Looking good dude. :cool: But you should move the drive cage on the to the bottom right so its more like a cube case.

Satyrist said:
Curious...Who's the manufacturer of those cases, and where did you buy them?

They look like one of those enermax/powmax/ahanix clones, but with newly updated cooling vents in the front/back for 120mm fans.

Sorry to annoy...Just to reiterate the question one more time...Thank you.

uuuuh looks a little bit on one of the last pictures that your graphics card is bend down or something like that.
is that right or does it only look like this on the picture?

btw: I like your modded case(s) ;)

Xstream said:
uuuuh looks a little bit on one of the last pictures that your graphics card is bend down or something like that.
is that right or does it only look like this on the picture?

btw: I like your modded case(s) ;)

It is bent down, he needs to buy or make a brace for it. The water block is weighing it down too too much.

The angle of the picture makes the card look like its bending waaaay much more than it really is. Just in case i have a brace on the way. The card is barely bending looking at it straight on.

Hmm just thought of something. What if you make one big custom bezel out of alluminium or something so that it looks better and more uniform. You could even do something similar for the top, just like one big decorative metal piece to cover the seam, just cut wholes in it for the fans, and the fillport.

sdat1333 said:
Hmm just thought of something. What if you make one big custom bezel out of alluminium or something so that it looks better and more uniform. You could even do something similar for the top, just like one big decorative metal piece to cover the seam, just cut wholes in it for the fans, and the fillport.

That is a great idea. I played with that a little. I might still do it with either some thick plexi and paint that. I need to get a router for the edges though. I might have my friend make a kind of tribal flame design to go around the handles and whatnot on the top. Then i can just cut it out of aluminum and slap it on...

Alright, I haven't really worked on my case lately. I got t-boned by an SUV that ran a red light. He was going 40, he didnt try to slow down and he was probably going 65 taking off from the scene. Hit and run...gotta love it. Wasn't able to get the plate number either, I had to tend to my girlfriend who had a major panic attack. Some pics of the damage.

IM000037.jpg

IM000035.jpg

IM000034.jpg

IM000033.jpg

All that and I walked away with a tiny scratch on my left arm. My girlfriend had 0 damage. I'm very thankful that we're both fine. But pissed that the ***hole ran off.

Sry to hear about the car. Also hopefully you can find the person who hit ya.

Alright, with everything and the car accident I haven't really been able to do too much. I got the bay LCD painted and the 15" LCD mounted. Quick Pics:

Bay LCD:
IM000046.jpg

IM000050.jpg

15" LCD
IM000038.jpg

IM000039.jpg

IM000040.jpg

IM000042.jpg

Other than the mysterious green tint the LCD works great. No ghosting in games or anything. I just can't get rid of the damn tint. But, hey for $40 you cant complain about an LCD.

Perhaps a bad cable or loose pin. That would do that by not letting the red signal through. Unless somehow every red pixel is stuck off, but I can't believe that would be the case.

Man that really sucks about the accident. Glad to hear you and your girlfriend made it through ok.

Very nice mod. I've thought of something like that before, but I doubt mine would be so [H]ard

You guys are truely [H]ard. I replaced the cable. Before it had a DVI to VGA cable. So I slapped on a DVI cable and set the LCD to digital. Perfect picture now. No ghosting, no blur, nothing. An excellent buy for 40 bucks. :D

fixedlcd2.jpg

fixedlcd1.jpg

Back