Project Doom doom doom doom doom

t0x1k

Gawd

My girlfriends in love with Gir and I needed a guinnea pig for learning how to cut detailed windows and detailed etching and the try out some different paint techniques and stuff.

I began by stripping my first paintjob. I printed out a poster size version of gir, cut the picture out, marked it, cut it, grinded down the edges, used 20 cut off discs in the process. Cut the plexi to fit right, etched the details in. Painted the panels. The top was the only panel that worked out, the two sides wrinkled and had to be stripped a second time and repainted. I didn't want to bothered with buying leds and resistors online so I went to pepboys and payed $5 for 3 accent high output leds for cars that are prewired, resistors already wired in, heat shrinked to cover the solder points and stuff and also are rated for 12v. Wired it onto a spare female molex connector, glued it to the window, positioned the led for optimal light coverage. Done.

Etching on the side panel was done with the l107 engraver dremel tool and the top was done with the 106 engraver.

I have a faint idea of what I want to do with the front panel. Probably cut out the word Gir in the invader zim font and rig it to the HD activity light.

I love Invader Zim, GIR is one of the best cartoon characters ever created!

Give us some more pics!

I'm trying to get a hold of my other camera, then i'll take better night and day shots.

Back